Super Tech change? New bottle? What supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sayjac
Can someone explain this comment? Not trying to crack wise here, just trying to understand a preference for other than the latest spec'd oil.

In short because usually additives are a little stronger with SL oil's vs. SM like Zinc,phos,cal.

Originally Posted By: sw99
I would think any supplier the WM goes with will be just fine.

I agree,,i can't see the base oil being that bad and knowing this oil is SL rated it should be more then adequate.

if i wasn't a M1 synthetic nut i'd give it a run sure..

Originally Posted By: daman
No ALL new bottle weights are SL..all but 5w20,i just grabbed 10w40 for my oil can.

5w20 SM
5w30 SL
10w30 SL
10w40 SL
20w50 SL
Maybe Walmart doesn't believe in SM rated oil like Royal Purple. Their testing has probably shown that the lowered amount of zinc/phos causes more wear.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ELS
Originally Posted By: Mustang2008Z

Most management lack leadership, creativity, ability to change with the market easily, and get stuck in a rut.

Very very true.

No-one said that a manager is a leader... Managers are trained to manage the employees, manage the numbers, manage the stock...

Why is everyone surprise when a manager can't lead?

Great info in this post.

I was trying myself to figure out who made the super tech oil in these new bottles...now I have a lot more info. Thanks.

Is it safe to assume since these oils are SL and not SM rated that the Zn levels are in the range of 1000-1100 PPM ?

We've had the EXACT same, boring ST bottles for Canadian Supertech for the last 10+ years.

Your new ST bottles are really cool looking - would love to have them here!

I just can't understand buying something that you are not sure about.Quaker State dino 5 qt. jug=$10.50.good price,good oil,no worries.Mobil 5000 dino is $11.00.I know these are quality oils and will perform well.I'll never take a chance on putting something in my car if I'm worried about where the oil is coming from and who is botteling it and so forth and so on.Trying to cut corners on motor oil is a bit crazy.Pay the extra 12cents more per quart and forget about it.

Originally Posted By: gonzo
I just can't understand buying something that you are not sure about.Quaker State dino 5 qt. jug=$10.50.good price,good oil,no worries.Mobil 5000 dino is $11.00.I know these are quality oils and will perform well.I'll never take a chance on putting something in my car if I'm worried about where the oil is coming from and who is botteling it and so forth and so on.Trying to cut corners on motor oil is a bit crazy.Pay the extra 12cents more per quart and forget about it.

I somewhat agree, although it's more of a curiosity's sake for myself. I don't really care who makes it as long as its all certified for use in my car! :)

If it is coming from a plant in West Memphis Arkansas it would surprise me. I live in Memphis, TN and evrything carried here is the old SM flavor in the old bottles, with the WPP imprint. If it was being packaged in West Memphis you would think that would be the product we would get. Not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back