SUPER TECH 6607 CUT OPEN

Just bought these ST's at Wally world. They're the 20,000 mile blue cans with the metal end caps @ $5.90 ea. From what I saw on a youtube video they're apparently similar K&N's?

Attachments

• ST filts.jpg
    ST filts.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 75
  • top filt.jpg
    top filt.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 75
I’m really liking the quality of the Champ Labs filters. Super Tech MP3614 or STP S3614 will go on my Kohler ZT740. I have two FRAM TG4967 filters left for my Kawasaki Mule SX. After those are gone, it will get Super Tech or STP.

I just got a MP7317 20,000 mile rated supertech ordered from Walmart online - it has a black ADBV. It still has the blue button / raised bypass valve like the OP's photo and an e-core.
Sounds like the ST7317 is a better deal, then-IF you can find them! No reason to pay extra, the silicone ADBV is the only real difference. The Champ RA & eBay Casite/Hastings filters are looking better all the time…

Is it possible my black ADBV is silicone only black? I know you can get black silicone - perhaps they just couldn't get the blue and substituted something. If I cut it open how can I tell?

Is it possible my black ADBV is silicone only black? I know you can get black silicone - perhaps they just couldn't get the blue and substituted something. If I cut it open how can I tell?
Well, I’ve done the “burn test” to prove black adbv is nitrile rubber. Why don’t you do this and show us pics so we all will know.

So I light it on fire and the differences are?

99% @ 30 micron, for both ST and MP line.
Pretty sure the media, etc., is identical between the ST & MPs; so, if First Brands/Champ cheapens the ADBV, there’s really no reason to spend ~50% more on the MP. I’m considering picking up some of the sub-$2 RA Champs & see how much media difference there is between an ST or MP7317 and a Champ PH2867.

Back