Sunday i put them away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for me the boxer engine in a cruiser was just not a good choice for the market. Not overly powerful and layout does not allow for forward controls, something most cruiser buyers want.

It was a neat bike in its styling, and BMW makes a great bike quality wise. It is why my uncle uses them for Iron Butt rides and leaves the Harley and the Suzuki at home. I just cant find a Beemer that feels right with me on it.

Winter never gets bad enough here to not ride the bike, but I certainly ride less, and do my major maintenance then. It's spring, and I'm out there again. If a BMW doesn't feel right, you just make it feel right....love this one.

PB100010.jpg

Originally Posted By: Silk
Winter never gets bad enough here to not ride the bike, but I certainly ride less, and do my major maintenance then. It's spring, and I'm out there again. If a BMW doesn't feel right, you just make it feel right....love this one.

PB100010.jpg

WOW, that is one squar front tire !

It's very worn and I'm just getting the last out of them, and not very good in gravel anymore....probably dangerous in the wet. But square is what you want for gravel, they cut through to the base, a radiused tyre holds the bike up and stops the centre getting grip.

Got the NINJA out, and turned on the fuel. she fired up with about 30 seconds of intermitten cranking. i took her for a 10 mile ride to blow the cobbs out.. no problems !

In the next few weeks i will get the R1 out of the garage and do the same.. I will go through both bikes with a fine comb and get them ready for the year.

I had to go back almost 5 months worth of post's to find this one, i just thought it would be fun to comment on getting them back out
smile.gif

Planning to take mine out tomorrow if the weather holds up. It's mid 40s here today, but tomorrow should be in the 50s. Just need to put the battery back in and maybe clean the air filter.

Well... I ended up doing 20 miles today after all. 45F was just a bit too cold for my liking, but it was great riding again nonetheless.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Well... I ended up doing 20 miles today after all. 45F was just a bit too cold for my liking, but it was great riding again nonetheless.
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Ok, exactly what do you have to do to uplead photos to BITOG.. im a picture [censored] and have tones of cool and related stuff i could be posting but i dont as im unable.. do you have to post you pictures to a external site like photobucket and then paste a link ? how are you getting you pictures up and shown on this site ?

Yes. U need to upload them to an external site and post a link here. Wrap it in
tags to make it show up as an image and not a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back