Sunday i put them away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 degrees and sunny here in Austin. Had a great ride today near my home in the Hill Country! No traffic and curvy roads. Of course the flip side of Texas climate is that I roast in the 100 degree plus summer heat!

Yep,TONS of 'em...
whistle.gif

I like riding in 100 degree heat in the summer. Wish it was 100 degrees every day except for the yardwork. I don't have any air conditioning at work or at home so get used to it. Come winter I enjoy cold weather riding too. Best thing about winter is most all the Harleys and their rotten noise are put to bed for a few months. I never put my bikes away for winter.

When it gets cold down here I notice a lot of the hard core type Gold Wing riders on their ugly,plastic,soul less two wheel Winnebagos are still wallowing about,regardless of weather conditions. Those contraptions remind me of watercraft with wheels! LOL

Originally Posted By: hal2626
When it gets cold down here I notice a lot of the hard core type Gold Wing riders on their ugly,plastic,soul less two wheel Winnebagos are still wallowing about,regardless of weather conditions. Those contraptions remind me of watercraft with wheels! LOL

I don't get the big decked out touring bikes either, but they do remind me a little of the Family Truckster from National Lampoons Summer Vacation a little. But they sell and owners do love them.

You mean those smooth and quiet tourers that outlast almost any bike on the road? Yep, that's them!

The Goldwings really are almost perfect in every way...they would be absolute perfection if they had heat,A/C,and maybe even a roof. Come to think of it,why not just get an Accord,at least that would not fall over and would certainly look better!

here in NY I would try and take a ride every thanksgiving day... for winter, I would put the ninja up on the center stand, take the tank right off and run the gas out... worked for many years... If I had to do it now, I'd fill up with eth free gas, add extra dose of stabil,( would probably do this last 2-3 tanks) leave the tank on. take battery right out... charge it up once good and leave it stored in cool place... don't like tenders... Spring comes, get eveything hooked back up, ride for a bit then OC, plugs and wash and wax...
Miss that ninja... 84 900 one of the first in NY... one of many vehicles I just never should have gotten rid of...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

You mean those smooth and quiet tourers that outlast almost any bike on the road? Yep, that's them!

They are the touring machine that no American motorcycle company will ever be able to match!

The Goldwings really are almost perfect in every way...they would be absolute perfection if they had heat,A/C,and maybe even a roof. Come to think of it,why not just get an Accord,at least that would not fall over and would certainly look better!

Looks are subjective...I personally think Harley baggers are the ugliest bikes made...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Looks are subjective...I personally think Harley baggers are the ugliest bikes made...

I don't get the whole "decked out" touring bikes. I see guys blaring the radio, with a baseball cap on frontways, smoking a cigarette putting around town and I think....why not just get a convertible. LOL. For me its all about the wind in my face, the drone of an engine, and the feel of the road. But like I always say....whatever floats your boat. I may not ever get it, but who am I to say what is fun or not.

Its not just looks that are subjective.. Motorcycling itself is subjective.. one day i wanna go fast and throw my knee on the ground.. next day i wanna go slow and enjoy the view.. one day i just wanna save gas money so i ride to work... its all subjective.. the black and crome crowd that hates everything thats not HD need to lighten up, Everyone else that hates Harleys need to lighten up too.. The arguements about "why i hate other motorcyclists" gets old..

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

I don't get the whole "decked out" touring bikes. I see guys blaring the radio, with a baseball cap on frontways, smoking a cigarette putting around town and I think....why not just get a convertible. LOL. For me its all about the wind in my face, the drone of an engine, and the feel of the road. But like I always say....whatever floats your boat. I may not ever get it, but who am I to say what is fun or not.

From time to time, I see an older, well maintained Aspencade, for sale and I think, "yeah...I could do that. It's got a low slung horizontal opposed 4 and comfy seat...."

Naaaaahhhhhh.... I know me. I would dremel off most of the windshield and ruin it to get the wind in my face, cobble up a louder exhaust to drown out the radio, and fit a flatter handlebar on it.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

Its not just looks that are subjective.. Motorcycling itself is subjective.. one day i wanna go fast and throw my knee on the ground.. next day i wanna go slow and enjoy the view.. one day i just wanna save gas money so i ride to work... its all subjective.. the black and crome crowd that hates everything thats not HD need to lighten up, Everyone else that hates Harleys need to lighten up too.. The arguements about "why i hate other motorcyclists" gets old..

You're right...I also have days when I like to ride fast, and days when I like to putt around and enjoy the view...that's also why I didn't buy a Harley because all you can do on those is putt around...not hatin', just stating facts...

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

You're right...I also have days when I like to ride fast, and days when I like to putt around and enjoy the view...that's also why I didn't buy a Harley because all you can do on those is putt around...not hatin', just stating facts...

thats why you buy multiple bikes
smile.gif
or just buy a BMW

Last edited:
I tried the BMW thing a while back when I looked at a nice R1200C and let me tell you it was by no means a rocket compared to my old man's Harley FXDL.

I always say you should have two bikes if you can afford them. One cruiser and one for more spirited riding. I love my Triumph Speedmaster but I still have a V rod on my want list.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I tried the BMW thing a while back when I looked at a nice R1200C and let me tell you it was by no means a rocket compared to my old man's Harley FXDL.

I always say you should have two bikes if you can afford them. One cruiser and one for more spirited riding. I love my Triumph Speedmaster but I still have a V rod on my want list.

There's a lot more to a bike than whether it's a "rocket" on not. Brakes, handling, build quality, I value that far more than "rocket".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back