2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT - UOA

Here is my latest report. I love this bike to death, one of the few bikes that I feel that I should keep it as long as I can. It's not the fastest or can't win any beauty contest, but it is one of the best options if you want one bike to do it all for the money. I paid 14k CAD out the door (it was less than 10k USD) when I bought it brand new in 2020 - I am sure I won't find a better deal than this but I know it is much more expensive now if you want brand new.

Only 2200 kilometers (1200 miles) on this oil since November 2022, as I test ride/review other bikes as a side hustle during summer months, I do not have a lot of chance to ride my personal bike. 90% highway or backroads/twisties, 10% city riding, no short tripping.

Currently running on Liqui Moly 4T 10w40 fully synthetic and OEM Yamaha filter. I was curious if I can use this oil for the next season as I barely put more than 1000 miles in one year.

I'm surprised the V100 worse than last year's reporting here with 5w40, but Iron is still high, not sure why. I requested TBN and TAN testing so I can see if I can push it for the next season, waiting for the results.

Either way, I used my Liqui Moly stash and will switch back to Yamalube fully syn 10w40 after this one.

Untitled.png

IMG_7248.jpg
IMG_7219.jpg

Last edited:
Back