2016 Yamaha Waverunner V1 Sport TR1 UOA (Likely Yamalube, possibly FF)

I bought this ski at 27 hours from a guy last summer who had bought it somewhat recently from a coastal city. He claimed to have changed the oil with Yamalube and the Yamaha filter (cut open in the oil filters section). I changed the oil and filter again at 40 hours. If it was indeed changed at 27 hours this oil would have 13 hours on it. Based on the wear metals and Si however I suspect this may actually be the factory fill, hard to say. The viscosity is also a bit low for a 10W-40 but these engines likely shear the oil quite a bit. It has 40 hours on it now and I'll do another UOA on the LiquiMoly Marine/PWC next time it gets changed, though that will be at least a year or two. This is the TR1 DOHC 1049cc Inline-3, makes about 115-120 ish HP. WOT on this ski is around 7800RPM.

2023-04-18_10-45-29.png

A great reason to change oil in stuff when you buy it, regardless of what the previous owner claims.

I use M1 Euro 0-40 in our 2 Kawasaki STX12Fs (1200cc NA 4 strokes), does great but I haven't ever sent off a sample as I figure it would be difficult to pull one without contaminating it. I use a 12v oil extractor machine to draw the oil out of the dipstick tube as the oil pan actually slopes toward the dipstick tube on my 2. Oil filter isn't the easiest to get to though.

I use M1 Euro 0-40 in our 2 Kawasaki STX12Fs (1200cc NA 4 strokes), does great but I haven't ever sent off a sample as I figure it would be difficult to pull one without contaminating it. I use a 12v oil extractor machine to draw the oil out of the dipstick tube as the oil pan actually slopes toward the dipstick tube on my 2. Oil filter isn't the easiest to get to though.
Fortunately changing the oil on the TR1 engine is pretty straightforward, I have a vacuum extractor and I just clean it out after using it. Perfect? No but good enough.

The engine is hardly broken in, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the silicon. It could take a few oil changes for it to settle down. It wouldn't be a bad idea to check the air filter and look for signs of dust on the clean side of the airbox, just in case. Maybe the previous owner was riding it on really dusty water :unsure:

Back