Stuff to do in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also can't leave out -

The Cadillac Bar, Shepherd @ I-10 for killer Tacos al Carbon and general cantina atmospere

Goode Company Taqueria, Kirby @ Westpark, almost as good Tacos al Carbon (called soft tacos on the menu)

The Barbeque Inn , Yale @ Crosstimbers. Right at the border between decent and not-so-good parts of town, but they have a guard to watch the cars, and this is about the best bad-for-you food in town. People tell me the fried chicken and chicken fried steak is incredible. Avoid Friday night to miss the line.

If you are down near Stafford/Sugarland, check out Lopez Mexican, on Wilcrest just north of 59.

Originally Posted By: dparm
So what are the top-tier BBQ spots, in your opinion?

I'm partial to Hickory Barn BBQ when I'm in SW Houston, which happens with increasing frequency these days. Heading back in a couple weeks... maybe I'll try Vasos or Otto's this time.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
The Swinging Door in Richmond, TX

Their ribs are absolutely fantastic!

Interesting suggestion - I remember the early 80's oil boom years when the oil company executives would fly in for lunch, landing their helicopters in the adjoining field.

But after this time I can't remember the food. May have to reacquaint myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back