Study finds that EV's are driving less than half the fleet average per year.

people who live in BFE don’t own EVs, expected result is expected
People that own EV's on average, drive them half as far, per year, as their gas competition. That was not expected by me. Of course, I'm in Tesla country (South Florida) .

Last edited:
People that own EV's on average, drive them half as far, per year, as their gas competition. That was not expected.
If you corrected the average annual driven mileage by geography, as is in compare EV miles to gasser miles of people who live in cities, then its probably much closer. Also the mileage should be adjusted for the number of cars in a household, most Tesla's are still toys for people with lots of money and lots of vehicles.
For us out in the country with semi-cold winters a plugin hybrid is more practical.

I’ve lived in DFW my whole life. You’re the first person I’ve ever encountered who described Arlington, TX as beautiful 🤣.
I have never seen so many bricks in my life.
We were just out for a couple of hours; we counted 3 Model 3s and 1 Model S.
No wonder so many people have (what I consider) misunderstandings about these cars.

All good.

The batteries have limited cycle lifespan. A 70 mile battery will be nearly depleted and recharged on a daily basis, leading to rapid degradation. The Nissan Leaf is a good example. There are many claims that “air cooling” is the reason. But the cells simply follow the predicted lifespan of 300 cycles, then decline.
Rumours here were that Nissan will not sell a replacement battery pack. It that what people heard?

What Apple plans

A75FBCF4-4C8A-4818-9F97-70A0686B48C5.jpeg

If you corrected the average annual driven mileage by geography, as is in compare EV miles to gasser miles of people who live in cities, then its probably much closer.

It really isn’t, as I’ve posted before a LOT of cars gas or otherwise drive very few miles, even within the same household that may drive more miles overall. My grandmother lived in a very rural area and she usually didn’t drive more than 3000miles a year, there are couriers in city’s that still pack on 100,000 +.

The reality is almost no car drives the so called average, you have an upside down bell with a lot way below and a fair number that wreck the curve far above with nobody in the middle.

People at the end of the day are logical and buy EVs for around town go getters, some people rarely leave their area so they live with only EV, others have two or more cars or live in an area where they can take their once annual trip more slowly with an EV

No rocket science here and an excellent reason to vehemently oppose fixed road taxes on economy cars like these since charging everyone for 25,000 miles of road fees is fair to no one.

Last edited:
Back