STJLR.03.5006 - Liqui Moly Top Tec 6600 vs Valvoline Euro Vehicle

I am trying to decide between LiquiMoly Top Tec 6600 0W-20 and Valvoline European Vehicle Full Synthetic 0W-20 for my Jaguar F-Type R. I need an oil that meets STJLR.03.5006 and both of these do. I've used the Liqui Moly the past 3 oil changes and my Blackstone Analysis hasn't shown anything concerning, but I'm interested to know if one of these oils is generally better than the other. Does anyone have an analysis from a lab on virgin samples of either of these oils? The Valvoline seems to be a higher quality oil, but I'd like to hear some opinions. My car has 35K miles, is mostly street driven and I change oil every 2500-3000 miles since I've owned it. It does have a larger crank pulley and is tuned so I try and keep extra on top of oil changes. Thanks for any input.

I'll be doing VOA and UOA on a F-Type soon using the TopTec from liquid moly. I'm skeptical of the Jaguar OCI, their specification and the -20 viscosity, so want to get some real data.

I'll be doing VOA and UOA on a F-Type soon using the TopTec from liquid moly. I'm skeptical of the Jaguar OCI, their specification and the -20 viscosity, so want to get some real data.
20 definitely feels light for the application, but I'm afraid to got up to a 30 or 40. Potential tight clearances along with screwing with the VVT and any other oil pressure controlled components is a real possibility.

I've heard that it can mess with VVT system, can you point me somewhere that discusses this further?
For one thing no engine is that sensitive to viscosity. “Cearances” aren’t too tight either.

Beyond that, viscosity is highly dependent on temperature. Any oil grade is massively thicker at temperatures below normal operating temperature as compared to the relatively small differences between grades. If any of this hyper-sensitivity were a reality then engines would fail on a regular basis anywhere when the ambient is less than 200F. They don’t. It’s all Internet lore and imagination.

Of some engine could be messed with by the small difference in viscosity between a 20-grade and a 30-grade then that would be a ridiculously poorly designed engine.

One question you have to ask is why would they do this? For what benefit?

Best way to compare is to find their PDS (Product Document Sheet). They can show how their performance may differ. However, both have the same specification for your Jaguar.

I am trying to decide between LiquiMoly Top Tec 6600 0W-20 and Valvoline European Vehicle Full Synthetic 0W-20 for my Jaguar F-Type R. 1. I need an oil that meets STJLR.03.5006 and both of these do. I've used the Liqui Moly the past 3 oil changes and my Blackstone Analysis hasn't shown anything concerning, but I'm interested to know if one of these oils is generally better than the other. Does anyone have an analysis from a lab on virgin samples of either of these oils? The Valvoline seems to be a higher quality oil, but I'd like to hear some opinions. My car has 35K miles, is mostly street driven and I change oil every 2500-3000 miles since I've owned it. 2 It does have a larger crank pulley and is tuned so I try and keep extra on top of oil changes. Thanks for any input.
1. No you don't.
2. But you still want 0W-20 with manuf. spec :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Can you prove that the JLR specification is not something to care about? I've been unable to find UOA of folks running alternatives in these engines.

Do you have a warranty with smaller SC-pulley?

Only reason for low viscosity is too achieve emissions target, Euro 5 during development and Euro 6 from 2015.
A feat in and of itself with a 5L supercharged engine. But that requires a strict manual regarding oil choice.

Any quality oil (mid-saps for exhaust treatment) with good properties will protect that engine.

Do you have a warranty with smaller SC-pulley?

Only reason for low viscosity is too achieve emissions target, Euro 5 during development and Euro 6 from 2015.
A feat in and of itself with a 5L supercharged engine. But that requires a strict manual regarding oil choice.

Any quality oil (mid-saps for exhaust treatment) with good properties will protect that engine.

I'm not interested in warranty. Only interested in protection. Deviation from the JLR additive package is something I'd like data to support.

I'm not really concerned with the impact of viscosity. What I am concerned with is the addictive package of the JLR spec.

Close enough too MB-Approval 229.71 and the others.
Its a fuel efficiency spec. with exhaust treatment capability.

https://www.mobil.com/en-lu/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/eu-xx-mobil-super-3000-formula-ov-0w-20-

Close enough too MB-Approval 229.71 and the others.
Its a fuel efficiency spec. with exhaust treatment capability.

https://www.mobil.com/en-lu/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/eu-xx-mobil-super-3000-formula-ov-0w-20-
Are you recommending that?

Are you recommending that?

Hahahaha, No.
But look at those oils and their approvals.

There is minimal difference between oils that have STJLR.03.5006 approval.

I would call Bowler and ask what they use, if you want actual real world data.
Ain't no way they use 0W20 in these V8's.

Last edited:
Back