Stealership Service Department - Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is their written warranty? What are the laws in your state? Here in NJ it's generally 3 months.
By the way thats a lot of money for a flywheel..

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Why do you call them "stealership" and keep patronizing them?
I called them a speakership because I'm fed up with them. I don't see how I'm patronizing them, I'm just trying not to rant and rave and show how mad I am at them on here.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nick,

How much is your VW worth ?

Probably $6-7,000

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
What is their written warranty? What are the laws in your state? Here in NJ it's generally 3 months.
By the way thats a lot of money for a flywheel..
It's a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. It has been almost 7 months and 10,500 miles

Obligatory car dealer on fire picture:
a-japanese-car-china-2.jpg

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Any other advice for me to pursue this further? Thanks.

Agreed with the others here. Contact VWoA and have them
open up a trouble ticket. VWoA can
apply the right pressure to force the dealer to make thing right, don't let up call VWoA back, and tell them that how this is handled will determine if you will purchase another new VW in the future. Fact is that the problem they supposedly repaired came back BEFORE the warranty expired, MAKE SURE YOU GET THE PROBLEM DOCUMENTED in writing on your Repair Order, and also have your favorites service writer enter it into their computer system.

The dealer that made the repair needs to correctly diagnose the issue and implement the necessary service to the unit to make it perform correctly as well.

I would also contact the service manager and dealer principal with your issue and you want the correct service to be done.

I agree, I would call corporate back. Its there job to make you happy.

I made sure to go SMF when my DMF went. The joys of a proper transmission... How can an oem get so much of the rest of the car correct yet screw up something so simple as a flywheel?

Good luck with your car Nick and let us know what they tell you on Monday. Hope it all works out ok.

I called them a speakership because I'm fed up with them. I don't see how I'm patronizing them, I'm just trying not to rant and rave and show how mad I am at them on here.

no, nick, wrong pronunciation/meaning of the word:It Would Appear that you took it as meaning #1, while the author intended #2

pa·tron·ize

verb
verb: patronize; 3rd person present: patronizes; past tense: patronized; past participle: patronized; gerund or present participle: patronizing; verb: patronise; 3rd person present: patronises; past tense: patronised; past participle: patronised; gerund or present participle: patronising

1. treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority.
"“She's a good-hearted girl,” he said in a patronizing voice"
synonyms: treat condescendingly, condescend to, look down on, talk down to, put down, treat like a child, treat with disdain More
"don't patronize me!"
condescending, disdainful, supercilious, superior, imperious, scornful, contemptuous;
informaluppity, high and mighty
"your patronizing mother just told me how "adequate" my dress is"

2. frequent (a store, theater, restaurant, or other establishment) as a customer.
"restaurants remaining open in the evening were well patronized"
synonyms: do business with, buy from, shop at, be a customer of, be a client of, deal with, trade with, frequent, support
"they patronized local merchants"

Originally Posted By: earlyre

no, nick, wrong pronunciation/meaning of the word:It Would Appear that you took it as meaning #1, while the author intended #2

pa·tron·ize

verb
verb: patronize; 3rd person present: patronizes; past tense: patronized; past participle: patronized; gerund or present participle: patronizing; verb: patronise; 3rd person present: patronises; past tense: patronised; past participle: patronised; gerund or present participle: patronising

1. treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority.
"“She's a good-hearted girl,” he said in a patronizing voice"
synonyms: treat condescendingly, condescend to, look down on, talk down to, put down, treat like a child, treat with disdain More
"don't patronize me!"
condescending, disdainful, supercilious, superior, imperious, scornful, contemptuous;
informaluppity, high and mighty
"your patronizing mother just told me how "adequate" my dress is"

2. frequent (a store, theater, restaurant, or other establishment) as a customer.
"restaurants remaining open in the evening were well patronized"
synonyms: do business with, buy from, shop at, be a customer of, be a client of, deal with, trade with, frequent, support
"they patronized local merchants"
Ooooh! Well it was dealer serviced when my aunt owned it by Berge because they've always been good to her.

Yeah, thanks, Earl.

And reiterate what another wrote here: The dealer that made the repair needs to correctly diagnose the issue and implement the necessary service to the unit to make it perform correctly as well.

You paid a lot of money for a repair that was either defective or misdiagnosed. Insist they make it right.

Nick,

Before you got the car, did you know about the problems / history of problems with VW transmission ( from VW forums , reliability reports / reviews, car clubs)... ?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nick,

Before you got the car, did you know about the problems / history of problems with VW transmission ( from VW forums , reliability reports / reviews, car clubs)... ?

Yeah I knew it wasn't the most amazing transmission out there that's for sure. I'm fine with it, it gets me 40 mpg and saves me $1,500-$2,500 in gas per year over my truck I had. It's been what I consider reliable car for a VW

Nick- this is the part that makes no sense to me:

[...] Chapman VW. I decided to take the car there [...] I brought the car back and they diagnosed it as a bad flywheel again [...] and I decided to take it to anther dealership, Camelback VW.

Technically, yes, any dealership should make the repair right. In the real world, however, if Chapman did the repair, it seems to be your best bet at getting it fixed at no cost to you would be Chapman. Why did/are you pursuing this with a different dealership?

DMF can go bad given enough abuse, just like any other moving part.

The best, strongest, cheapest and most durable mod you can do is to fit a flywheel from a G60, and the clutch from a VR6.

Less money, more clamping force, more durability and a better pedal feel. You kow it makes sense
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back