Stealership Service Department - Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Olas
DMF can go bad given enough abuse, just like any other moving part.

The best, strongest, cheapest and most durable mod you can do is to fit a flywheel from a G60, and the clutch from a VR6.

Less money, more clamping force, more durability and a better pedal feel. You kow it makes sense
smile.gif

'cept his is an auto. I do not think you can put an smf in there. A quick search backs that up.

I also suspect the South Bend stage two clutch might be stronger than a G60. A quick look says 350 ft-lb vs 300. Either way, a great upgrade. But not applicable here.

I feel for OP....

The then 7-yr old Kitacamry came to me with a new clutch, its THIRD, dealer installed....the 2nd failed @ 97k miles, likely from a botched or incomplete (and subsequent failed) repair/replacement...

I bought it knowing it had a "history", hoping for the best...and so far, 32k miles/2.5 years down the road, (mostly local with more shifting than miles down the highway), it's holding up.

Good luck....to us both.

Originally Posted By: splinter
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
..The 12,000 mile warranty will be up in 1,500 miles which is only maybe a month for me..

Reads to me like their original diagnosis, parts, and labor should cover its now-recurring issue. Good luck!

I agree. Hopefully the dealership will do the right thing and fix it properly. Nick already spend $1800, why should he have to spend more $$$$.

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: Olas
DMF can go bad given enough abuse, just like any other moving part.

The best, strongest, cheapest and most durable mod you can do is to fit a flywheel from a G60, and the clutch from a VR6.

Less money, more clamping force, more durability and a better pedal feel. You kow it makes sense
smile.gif

'cept his is an auto. I do not think you can put an smf in there. A quick search backs that up.

I also suspect the South Bend stage two clutch might be stronger than a G60. A quick look says 350 ft-lb vs 300. Either way, a great upgrade. But not applicable here.

Ah, my mistake. I'm so used to seeing it and recommending/replacing them over here that I totally overlooked that it might be auto. SouthBend make nice stuff, no doubt about it, but standard LUK/Sachs is enough for nearly everyone. Don't tell me I missed the part where the OP talks about his hybrid turbo, big injectors etc etc too?!
Lol I should read ore thoroughly before posting..

Not a prob. I did south bend as I figured I would bigger and better as stuff broke. Sure enough, couple weeks later the turbo went. VNT17 and a tune later, and it is quite the car.

Well I took it in today and they say it's normal. I spoke with the service manager and he assured me it's fine to drive and not to worry, and that there's plenty of documentation that if the flywheel destroys itself and everything, that there's nothing to worry about that VW would cover it, even if its in 20,000 miles.

So they win, oh well.

Well I took it in today and they say it's normal. I spoke with the service manager and he assured me it's fine to drive and not to worry, and that there's plenty of documentation that if the flywheel destroys itself and everything, that there's nothing to worry about that VW would cover it, even if its in 20,000 miles.

So they win, oh well.

Looks like you are caving, and accepting the unacceptable, that is why they win. If I were you I would push until you get satisfaction.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

So they win, oh well.

Looks like you are caving, and accepting the unacceptable, that is why they win. If I were you I would push until you get satisfaction.
He said if t blows in 20,000 miles they'll cover it.

So they win, oh well.

??????????????????

I doubt they will fix it when it grenades and your car is out of service. Service Manager will deny he told you to keep driving it with all those noises.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

So they win, oh well.

He said if t blows in 20,000 miles they'll cover it.

If it sounds broken, how can that be normal?

Get it in writing.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nick,

How much is your VW worth ?

Probably $6-7,000

lolwat

The service manager assured me that there's nothing wrong with the flywheel and that there's plenty of documentation of my flywheel issues that if it fails then VW will still cover it even after warranty. I didn't get it in writing but oh well. I'm considering selling the car anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back