Advice? addressing bad Ford dealer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
@terminaldegree:

Good to hear that things were resolved in a reasonably satisfactory manner, but it still appears that this $tealer has some serious
MANGLEMENT problems, I have often spoken of this issue, it is a
chronic problem in MANY $tealerships across the country. Just imagine if you didn't know a relation of the owner at this $tealer, somehow I doubt the outcome would have been nearly as reasonable for the customer.

If I was in your shoes and didn't have an in with the owner I would have called my CC company and had them dispute the issue as well, and I would have contacted Ford Corporate by certified return receipt mail sending the letter directly to CEO Mark Fields. Lastly I would have sent a letter to the NY state
AG.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear it went well too. Enjoy the summer. Are you on one of the lakes? Chazy is a great spot. I'd live there if it was closer to work.

I'm up in the thousand islands region. Hoping the wind will die down sometime… (well, it's not like I lost a lot of decent boating weather while fighting this!)

Originally Posted By: terminaldegree
I'm up in the thousand islands region. Hoping the wind will die down sometime… (well, it's not like I lost a lot of decent boating weather while fighting this!)

Ahh. The combination of wind farms and dairy made me think of Franklin County. I was in Alex Bay over the weekend, and then to Sackets Harbor for dinner. That's a great place to spend the summer. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Lesson to us all...

GET THE WORK ORDER IN WRITING (AND SIGN IT) BEFORE ANY WORK IS DONE....

Yes! In most states; the law states they can not charge you a certain percentage over the initial agreed upon work order. So if you at least have it in writing and "someone" does additional work and tries the rip off routine, you can spell out the law.

I swear to god, if truth and honesty was introduced into the current American Coporatocrycy, the system would collapse. Most business operate on a model of ripping people off FIRST and then dealing with any recourse, know a good percentage will bend over and ask for more. It makes my blood boil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back