Jeep Grand Cherokee L motor mounts!!

Needing some help and guidance here. We purchased a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L brand new back in Sept 2021. (Pentastar V6)

All was fine and dandy until about 31k miles when we noticed a very apparent vibration when coming to a stop or in reverse. Took it in, determined motors mounts were bad causing the symptoms. Fixed under warranty. Cool. Dealer had it for a week.

45k miles. Same exact thing. Fixed under extended warranty. I had to pay for rental ($400) - but that’s beside the point. Had it for two weeks.

53k miles and here we are. SAME. THING.
Vibrating in the whole cabin in reverse or when coming to a stop. The vibration can even be felt when giving in gas while driving. Stops when letting off accelerator.

I was told and have it in writing that the “parts” have a warranty outside of my extended warranty,
But, I am sick of being put out my this $50k vehicle that can’t keep its act together. Never had issues with any vehicle or been put out so much by a vehicle. And to add, there are 2 open recalls without a timeline on their fixes yet.

Does this qualify for a lemon law of any sort? I’m unaware of how this works and not necessarily wanting to go that route, unless there was benefit to me. Idk. I’m also kinda ready to just dump the stupid Jeep and get my wife in to a different SUV.

To note, our local Jeep dealer sales department is tops. Service department is an absolute joke.

How would you proceed here?

I've heard this is a common issue on the newer L's, and the job is absolutely terrible to do.

We have a few Stellantis techs on here, hopefully one will chime in.

Pandemic quality parts?

You say the dealer service department is bad, but has there been any issue other than the length of time - which is normal these days. Have they agreed to fix it again?

Lemon law is state by state, so you would need to check your state laws. However since they do fix it for a while that seems more difficult to prove?

Is it truly a lemon law case if the problem is fixed every time? They never failed to fix the broken motor mounts.

But the mounts keep breaking. The underlying cause has not been addressed.
Every state law is different. But its usually x number of repairs, over Y period of time. OP doesn't mention time, but they have been repaired once once at 31K, twice at 45K, and now if repaired again, it would be third time at 53K.

So this is so far 2 repairs in maybe 2 years, with this time being 3 in 2 years? What is he state law? My guess is they likely get chance number 3, but again, its about state law.

Pandemic quality parts?

You say the dealer service department is bad, but has there been any issue other than the length of time - which is normal these days. Have they agreed to fix it again?

Lemon law is state by state, so you would need to check your state laws. However since they do fix it for a while that seems more difficult to prove?
It’s possible. Seems common on these Jeeps. Facebook group claims there should be a recall with the amount of folks with similar issues.

Service department is run by a bunch of 20 something’s who just simply don’t care. Communication is horrible and days would go by without an update or timeline. I had to show up to get answers. I walked in to the service department and literally saw my service advisor get up and walk out when he saw me.

If one mount fails, they should change them all. Having a compromised mount will add additional strain on the others.
Every state law is different. But its usually x number of repairs, over Y period of time. OP doesn't mention time, but they have been repaired once once at 31K, twice at 45K, and now if repaired again, it would be third time at 53K.

So this is so far 2 repairs in maybe 2 years, with this time being 3 in 2 years? What is he state law? My guess is they likely get chance number 3, but again, its about state law.
First time they were replaced was in Oct 2022. So been going back and forth for about 17 months.

"our local Jeep dealer sales department is tops. Service department is an absolute joke."

Of course they are, they rake in cash and say anything to people please.

After glancing at this thread, i would dump that POS - ASAP.

I said I’d give it one more chance, but I’m just fed up at this point as is my wife.

We honestly don’t love the vehicle (quality, noisy engine, subpar a/c, HATE the way the doors sound when closing, etc.) so we may be making a decision soon.

I said I’d give it one more chance, but I’m just fed up at this point as is my wife.

We honestly don’t love the vehicle (quality, noisy engine, subpar a/c, HATE the way the doors sound when closing, etc.) so we may be making a decision soon.
If you don't like it, get out of it. No reason to be driving a vehicle you don't like, particularly one that has become a warranty nightmare.

Needing some help and guidance here. We purchased a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L brand new back in Sept 2021. (Pentastar V6)

All was fine and dandy until about 31k miles when we noticed a very apparent vibration when coming to a stop or in reverse. Took it in, determined motors mounts were bad causing the symptoms. Fixed under warranty. Cool. Dealer had it for a week.

45k miles. Same exact thing. Fixed under extended warranty. I had to pay for rental ($400) - but that’s beside the point. Had it for two weeks.

53k miles and here we are. SAME. THING.
Vibrating in the whole cabin in reverse or when coming to a stop. The vibration can even be felt when giving in gas while driving. Stops when letting off accelerator.

I was told and have it in writing that the “parts” have a warranty outside of my extended warranty,
But, I am sick of being put out my this $50k vehicle that can’t keep its act together. Never had issues with any vehicle or been put out so much by a vehicle. And to add, there are 2 open recalls without a timeline on their fixes yet.

Does this qualify for a lemon law of any sort? I’m unaware of how this works and not necessarily wanting to go that route, unless there was benefit to me. Idk. I’m also kinda ready to just dump the stupid Jeep and get my wife in to a different SUV.

To note, our local Jeep dealer sales department is tops. Service department is an absolute joke.

How would you proceed here?
What would the financial hit be for unloading the vehicle?

Is the vehicle under factory warranty? If this repair is not being covered by factory warranty in Colorado your time is up for Lemon Law. Extended warranty does not count.

If you don't like it, get out of it. No reason to be driving a vehicle you don't like, particularly one that has become a warranty nightmare.
I did that once. I dumped a vehicle just months after buying it. It was a financial hit but I quickly grew to hate the thing. One stupid problem after another. I chalk it up to the automotive karma that sometimes a car doesn't want to be under your ownership. The vehicle will behave and be happier with someone else.

Scott

Last edited:
Back