SS and Medicare in big Trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep those indians, chinese and mexicans flowing in so that they can prop up SS and medicare... right?!?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
keep those indians, chinese and mexicans flowing in so that they can prop up SS and medicare... right?!?

So what happens when THEY retire???

That's then. This is now.

All of this is economic in nature. That is, there's no real need for more people ...other than to keep electrons flowing in virtual cash registers.

We're told by demographers that we need more people. We don't. We need more people to pay bills.

Why would you need people to fill empty houses? Because most of our wealth is contained within them ..and they have no value without people who need them.

So, you do something REALLY STUPID in terms of absolute values ..and induce a population explosion (either through birth rate or artificially through immigration) ...to fill the houses...the trains ..cars ..etc.

I find it so smackedarse foolish to build a bigger locomotive ..just so you can process more wood into fuel
crackmeup2.gif

We need people so we can create a purpose for them.

Slaves to a monetary concept. Totally laughable.

Originally Posted By: brianl703

Oz federal budget last night increased my retirement age (the point at which I cann access either a pension, or my own personal retirement savings) 67...

The baby boomers who made this decision still get theirs at 58 or 60.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Quote:
SS and Medicare in big Trouble!

No way!?!

The article throws around dates like 2016 or beyond. We are going to be in serious trouble long before that. And all they can do is point the finger to the opposite side.

Originally Posted By: brianl703

I probably have to move back to China. By the time I retire SS and Medicare will be bankrupted, and I probably have to be an illegal alien in China. How ironic.

Last edited:
No they won't. They'll just be more costly up to the date of "retirement". One sector is quite skilled at extending life ..while failing to improve its quality ..and making money along the way. It's in their self interest.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
say ponzi scheme.

And the Gov. prosecutes Madoff for doing the same thing. Of course they can print money, too.

Both of these programs are total failures yet the same exact people that support these programs say that they can provide better health care for lower price...
shocked2.gif

Quote:
Both of these programs are total failures yet the same exact people that support these programs say that they can provide better health care for lower price...

I don't think anyone has necessarily said that. What's been said is that the current system is out of control and limits service to more and more ..and also costs more and more.

That is, it's not working to the advantage of the society and is one of the main anchors in our lack of competitiveness with our contemporary industrial nations.

When you're in a frying pan, sometimes you will jump in the fire ..but you can't tolerate the pan either.

If the medical community doesn't want this to occur, they've got to reign themselves in. This will be just like Wall St. & Co. when they surely saw the folly of the flawed physics of the machinery ..yet plowed full throttle into the abyss.

I suspect that the medical community will do the same ..and we'll have a like dysfunctional outcome.

Don't blame the remedy for the illness. Blame the clowns that made a remedy necessary. They are the one that brought down the angle of dysfunction upon you.

This article is saying exactly that.
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editor..._is_failing_us/

Quote:
There is, though, one US model of healthcare that meets the Institute of Medicine criteria: Medicare. Insuring everyone over 65, Medicare achieves universal coverage and access to care, is not tied to a job, and is affordable for individuals and the country. Medicare simplifies the administration of healthcare dollars, thereby saving money. We need to improve Medicare, and expand this program to include everyone.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
shocked2.gif

Yet the people who are against these programs said having these program converted into private investment account will solve the problem, unless you retire in the recession.

If those people had been allowed to invest their money in the market all that time, they would have been far in front of S/S, recession or not.

Tempest: I think the medical community would disagree. More doctors have dropped out of it and they always complain that it doesn't pay enough.

**I do agree that these medical doctors, hospitals and insurance providers need to get real and keep their increases at inflationary rates and not double digit rate increases.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Tempest: I think the medical community would disagree. More doctors have dropped out of it and they always complain that it doesn't pay enough.

?? Most make good money.

They drop out of it 'cuz the liabilities are incredible. You should see how much malpractice insurance goes up every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back