SS and Medicare in big Trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he doesn't understand how you made that leap in logic under the confines of the influences you cited.

It's almost like how some women associate things.

"That's funny, Bob never vomits at home
shocked2.gif
(he must be having an affair)"

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Your family comes from a communist country and you don't understand the concept of the State as provider?

I don't understand how government aids destroy family value, Mr. fair tax capitalist.

What's funny is that (in my observations) every immigrant ..from just about any developing country ..has more a sense of family than any 50 domestic families that I know. The first thing anyone does in this nation is ditch the rule of their parents house for the freedom of "somewhere else".

Originally Posted By: Waterboy

Bobby Boucher: [after Reading A Question About Benjamin Franklin] Ben Franklin
Young Bobby Boucher: [Flashback To Bobby's Childhood] Mama, When Did Ben Franklin Invent Electricity?
Mama Boucher: That's Nonsense, I Invented Electricity. Ben Franklin Is The Devil!

Quote:
Welfare has also contributed to the destruction of the American Family, especially in the African American population. I see this happening a lot here in Chicago. Before Welfare, if a young girl got pregnant, it was a big deal because raising and caring for a Human Life takes a lot of time and money. Even with the help of the father, grandparents or other relatives, it's still a lot of work. But Welfare eliminated the need for the father or extended family because now the Government would pay for everything (food, shelter, clothes, day care). In fact, becoming a single mother is now lucrative for low-income girls (I've seen it first hand- some even act like they've won the lottery when they find out they are pregnant)- because they automatically have all their immediate needs taken care of by taxpayer money. This has completely destroyed the Family. There is no more need for a Husband and Father (because Uncle Sam pays for everything), and these babies grow up without a Dad, and without a father-figure many of them end up in jail.

http://chloe1732.weebly.com/1/post/2009/...can-family.html
Quote:
Morgan sums up the implications of all this on the size and intrusiveness of government: “Growing family and household fragmentation” drives government spending and taxes ever higher; increases the “number of clients of the state”; “displaces existing institutional and private arrangements”; places the government in the role of parent and provider to children; allows for increased government intrusions into family life; and generates “an increasing mass of legislation and regulation of provisions for custody, access and financial support.” For good measure, child development is inevitably hampered due to the loss of “private investment in children,” which can never be matched in substance or quality by government programs.

http://www.thefreemanonline.org/book-rev...d-impoverishes/

You keep quoting conservative blogs as proof that public health care destroy family values, I'll keep quoting the mama of Waterboy that Ben Franklin is the devil.

Probably not. Now just euthanize every welfare recipient and find out that you're exactly in the same pathetic condition ..and move on to the next #1 blight on your radar.

Keep reminding yourself that your precious Wall St. & Co. is happiest when 5% of our population is unemployed.

Is the rationale wrong?

Very wrong. Public health care is not something you can decide to avoid using when you are old, sick, injured, or about to die. Yourself is an example of wanting health insurance on your own dime shows that you cannot avoid it. Welfare example of yours is avoidable, and at least at the moment you didn't have an insurance against teenage pregnancy liability is a good example of that.

And do you wonder why that is? If gov. promises to "take care" of elderly people, there is no reason to have a multi-generational culture.
You will find that where there is lots of government aid, there is destruction of family unity...and that is the prime goal.

Nearly everybody that I know who is displaced from family is because they had to move to where the work went.

We keep getting told that there's no jobs for life any more...makes it hard to keep the entire family together under those circumstances.

Exactly. It's not like you're just waiting your turn at the local foundry. The foundry is now on the other side of the globe.

Now I would say that there's a total loss of the sense of "community". When you have everyone fighting for themselves. Thinking only about themselves....as individuals ..and not part of something worth fostering, cultivating, and enhancing, yeah ..you get the garbage we have now.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Keep reminding yourself that your precious Wall St. & Co. is happiest when 5% of our population is unemployed.

A lot of that last 5% are so klutzy you wouldn't hire them even if they paid to work for you.

Exactly. Why would you think that forcing people to work is going to be successful when you're going to put them in competition with people who already can't find a job?

You can do it, but if you expect civil obedience in the face of too many people to fill the available slots ..then I have some nice swamp property for you.

Now seeing as Tempest isn't going to buy the swamp property, I'd say that he embraces the thought of a criminal element ..so he can practice culling the herd. You can just build prisons, and pay even more money for your disobedient citizens who are not economically viable ..but that's only if you exempt any of his assigned "winners" from paying the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back