SRT part 3 - 2020 Grand Cherokee SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Shannow
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Shannow
Congratz mate...that's really cool...

One thing the last 9 months has taught me, as I walk through car yards is that "I really could have afforded that, and enjoyed it in real time"...

Thanks
smile.gif
Yep, you can't take it with you so one might as well enjoy themselves.

LOL...when the child support stops...

Fair enough my friend
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Looks awesome, man!

What type of 4x4/AWD setup does this model have? Part-time? Full-time?

It's full-time AWD, but you can adjust the bias F/R.

That's cool. Do you adjust it much?

I did not know the F/R bias was adjustable on the GC SRT. That's why I'm giving a hard look at the Stinger GTS AWD. The driver can choose to send 60%, 80%, or 100% to the rear axle.

Yeah that new Stinger AWD is a sweet setup, best elements of the Infiniti Q50 RS400 and a Subi WRX STI rolled into one.

I haven't done a lot of research on the a Stinger. I imagine it's tuned much more sporty than my Genesis, as my car is just a big comfy whale with good power.

So I'm hoping the Stinger lets you get the tires loose. My Genesis won't let you, it'll spin for a second, then stop, then spin, then stop. Even with traction and stability control off.

Looks awesome, man!

What type of 4x4/AWD setup does this model have? Part-time? Full-time?

It's full-time AWD, but you can adjust the bias F/R.

That's cool. Do you adjust it much?

I do not, I tend to leave it where it is. That said, you can make your own custom drive mode and change throttle feel, steering assist, F/R AWD bias, stability control level...etc.

Probably should mention that you do not have free adjustment of the bias. It's adjustable from 50/50 to 30/70 (F/R) and you cannot give the front more bias (not that I can imagine a scenario in which that would be desirable).
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I haven't done a lot of research on the a Stinger. I imagine it's tuned much more sporty than my Genesis, as my car is just a big comfy whale with good power.

So I'm hoping the Stinger lets you get the tires loose. My Genesis won't let you, it'll spin for a second, then stop, then spin, then stop. Even with traction and stability control off.

The GTS AWD will definitely let you; it's the only AWD Stinger with a rear LSD. As I understand it, when 100% of the torque is sent to the rear wheels traction control is disabled and the transmission will hold the selected gear and will not upshift,

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by Nick1994

The GTS AWD will definitely let you; it's the only AWD Stinger with a rear LSD. As I understand it, when 100% of the torque is sent to the rear wheels traction control is disabled and the transmission will hold the selected gear and will not upshift,

[Linked Image]

I would love one of those. I sat in one at the dealer, a little tight for me as I'm not a small guy, but if I had the budget, it would be mine.

I was at a dealer getting filters for my Sonata a while back and heard really loud music, dealer had the stereo cranked to show it off. I walked over and dipped my head inside, couldn't believe that was a stock stereo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back