Squeaky Brakes -Porsche Cayenne

Have extremely squeaky brakes on my wifes cayenne. Every time she backs out of driveway it sounds terrible, I did the brakes about a year ago and used new pads and had rotors turned. Cleaned everything really well and used synthetic brake grease on contact points and slides.

I used Bosch Quiet Cast Pads -https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-BP1349-QuietCast-Premium-Semi-Metallic/dp/B008HZL57M/ref=asc_df_B008HZL57M?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80745439395092&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345016166091&psc=1

They don't market quietcast here in europe, however Bosch pads have been causing squeaking for years in my experience. When I worked at a dealership, we fitted Bosch pads if the OEM were too expensive for the customer, or not available for some reason. Never failed to squeak.

Have extremely squeaky brakes on my wifes cayenne. Every time she backs out of driveway it sounds terrible,
Nothing you can do, short of going to ceramic rotors. The humidity at night causes rust to form on the rotors. The first few times you step on the brakes you will have some noise. Maybe back into the driveway when she comes home?

I JUST had the same situation with my vehicle(s) after less than 1 year. The squeak was coming from the FRONT in both cars in my signature and the squeak was only when backing up(both cars).

I took apart the front brakes(they looked great) and cleaned them for re-installation. I also cleaned the hold down bar groove/area while making sure the brakes were free(but not lose) in their hold down bar and the anti-rattle clips/hardware. I AGAIN lubed the sliders and basically did what I had done when I installed the brakes the first time using good lube(Syl-glide).

For curiosity sake, I use Sil-Glyde, Permatex or 3M brake parts lube if anyone is interested in knowing. And I typically have 2 of them on hand. I Never use grease or anti-seize except on the hold down bolts. I also DON'T use LOCTITE on said bolts as here in the NorthEast, I'd never get'em off and have never had issues with these bolts in 50 yrs.

Last edited:
Have extremely squeaky brakes on my wifes cayenne. Every time she backs out of driveway it sounds terrible, I did the brakes about a year ago and used new pads and had rotors turned. Cleaned everything really well and used synthetic brake grease on contact points and slides.

I used Bosch Quiet Cast Pads -https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-BP1349-QuietCast-Premium-Semi-Metallic/dp/B008HZL57M/ref=asc_df_B008HZL57M?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80745439395092&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345016166091&psc=1
You answered your own question, installing those pads is the root cause. Textar is the OE manufacturer and very quiet, Textar, Pagid/Mintex (some) and ATE are my go to for Euro cars.

I will gladly buy new pads. when we bought the car same issue. I swapped out the pads even though the ones on it were almost new. It corrected issue for a few months and then came back. Its not like a little squeal either. It is bad!

SO is textar the way to go?

61+cx-Ow5xL._AC_SL1421_.jpg

I will gladly buy new pads. when we bought the car same issue. I swapped out the pads even though the ones on it were almost new. It corrected issue for a few months and then came back. Its not like a little squeal either. It is bad!

SO is textar the way to go?
Yes.

A little is normal but the OP claims it is much worse than that wh ich isn't normal. They use these Brembo brakes on the Q7 and VW Touareg, customers would not find that racket acceptable.
Every single VWAG car I have owned has had a little squeal backing out of the driveway first thing in the morning. My 911 squealed all the time until there was heat in the brakes.

It's normal. If it really bothers him, he could scuff the pads and re-bed them. It's not worth chasing IMO.

Learned this the hard way years ago. I stick to OE or OEM w/ most of the fleet, where available. Unless recommended by the factory, anti squeal pastes, etc. are usually band aids. That said, I find that Porsches are, for whatever reason, very sensitive to pad/rotor combinations.

Am I the only one that thinks you should use Porsche pads?
No, I would also.

Lately, I have found that while Textar and Jurid make the OE pads for BMW, their aftermarket pads are not as good. Its only been recently, in the past it was a buy with confidence type deal.

Every single VWAG car I have owned has had a little squeal backing out of the driveway first thing in the morning. My 911 squealed all the time until there was heat in the brakes.

It's normal. If it really bothers him, he could scuff the pads and re-bed them. It's not worth chasing IMO.
Not worth chasing for me either but I can certainly understand some people being irritated by it. OTOH driving down the road with the thing screaming like a Parrot with its foot caught would drive me crazy.

No, I would also.

Lately, I have found that while Textar and Jurid make the OE pads for BMW, their aftermarket pads are not as good. Its only been recently, in the past it was a buy with confidence type deal.
The ones I linked to are not aftermarket Textar.
Okay yes like my BMW was, but I found that the BMW branded pads from an online dealer were about the same price as the OE ones from Rockauto.

Yes, that's right.

Back