Springfield Prodigy 2011

1663938590784.jpeg

What a great choice for a nightstand gun. An affordable 2011 with a double stack 26 round magazine available. It’s heavy so recoil is low, very accurate, and has a nice trigger. Being used to Kimbers and Wilsons the finish and detail is a little underwhelming but for the price this thing is a huge win. Load this thing up with 124 grain gold dot +p or similar and take advantage of the mass of this gun.

David

View attachment 118086
What a great choice for a nightstand gun. An affordable 2011 with a double stack 26 round magazine available. It’s heavy so recoil is low, very accurate, and has a nice trigger. Being used to Kimbers and Wilsons the finish and detail is a little underwhelming but for the price this thing is a huge win. Load this thing up with 124 grain gold dot +p or similar and take advantage of the mass of this gun.

David
Nice, I'll take two, please.

Very nice pistol. I'm currently halfway through reading the review in Guns & Ammo.

I've never shot a 1911 but everyone will tell you they are the bee's knees. It's nice to see that red dot mounts are starting to become an option on them, something I would need to even consider owning one.

View attachment 118086

David
Do the sights co-witnesses?

The RMR in the pic is sitting pretty low in the slide cut, so with the taller sights the Prodigy comes with I would have to say yes.

Prodigy : Buyer beware , early reports indicate reliability issues with early adopters of the Prodigy ... I would wait and see if there will be any recalls by SA before I would buy .

Back