Sold my car to CarMax

I am surprised that is all the price went up.

I looked up the value on my work truck today to see about buying it. Was around 15k 6 months ago. Now over 20k.

Some CarMax locations are new car stores as well.
they must hide that real well.. try finding it online? I cant even find a carmax dealer in my state??? If I cant find it in 10min with google.... it makes me feel stupid lol.

they must hide that real well.. try finding it online? I cant even find a carmax dealer in my state??? If I cant find it in 10min with google.... it makes me feel stupid lol.

Disregard, I'm apparently behind the times.

The market is crazy. I went to pick up my plates yesterday for my truck and the finance guy was like yeah you could turn around and sell this for a few grand.

Last edited:
We capitalized on this 2 weeks ago. Wife bought her 2018 spark when I found a killer deal on it. MSRP was $17k and she bought it for $9,999 brand new. Carvana bought it 3 years later with 20k miles for $14,700.

She was able to go from her 2018 LT with 20k miles to a 2021 2LT with 16 miles for $4500 out of pocket including all fees and taxes.

My Dad has Alzheimer's and sold his 2018 Dodge Challenger to givemethevin.com

They paid much more than carmax, carvana and vroom.

They were 3rd place here.
gmtv-1.JPG

Dealer offered me $27K cash for my 14 year old pickup......must be worth close to $40,000.

Me too. Got $2,000 more than I paid for it. Freaky thing is that the Carmax ad that shows up in my phone's browser has my car in it.

Tx Stadium.jpg

for about 30s I considered converting to a 1 car family and commuting with an E-fattire bike

Ive toyed with the idea of trading my truck in and waiting until prices come back down, but i am not sure when/if that will happen.

Back