Anyone SOLD car to Carmax / Carvana / Vroom etc. lately?

As the title says, anyone SOLD a car to Carmax / Carvana / Vroom lately, especially to CARMAX?
Just for kicks, went online offered my Black 2020 Tucson Ultimate with 9660 miles to all those online buyers, Carmax offered me the most at $31,800. Vroom was next at $29,415, Carvana @ $27,600 and givemethevin.com gave me a range of $26,403-28,410.

Their offer got me really interested in selling it to Carmax if they indeed pay what they offered. It would be $6,000 more than what I paid a year ago (not counting the sales tax and registration fee etc). I'm not in hurry to get another car as we're retired, can live with only one vehicle.

What do you folks think?
02.jpg

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 9
Daughter sold her 2011 Outback to Carmax Wichita back in May. We were upfront about the CVT issue it had, but still got double what the local Subaru dealer offered. This was not a $31K transaction, but we got exactly what was offered on line after their relatively short inspection.

Selling a used car is not a problem these days. It's buying another one that's more of a challenge.

FYI, I sold my Charger SRT to Carvana earlier this year. Easy peasy.

Did someone inspect your car before Carvana gave you a firm offer ?

No, not inspected yet. Carvana just sent me an email asking for a picture of odometer. But I haven't accepted their offer yet. I'm more interested in Carmax's offer, thiers is about $4,000 more than Carvana's. I'm thinking about making a short trip to local Carmax.

No, not inspected yet. Carvana just sent me an email asking for a picture of odometer. But I haven't accepted their offer yet. I'm more interested in Carmax's offer, thiers is about $4,000 more than Carvana's. I'm thinking about making a short trip to local Carmax.
We had an appointment after filling out their requested info on line. They were working with appointments only and we could reject the offer at any time during the process.

We had an appointment after filling out their requested info on line. They were working with appointments only and we could reject the offer at any time during the process.

Right. I'm going to make an appointment first, then vacuum the interior prior to the appointment.

Sold our 17 accord at carmax after 3 accidemts and 1 key they gave us there online offer it was paid for it was easy 10 day hold on there check

The offer they give you online is conditional, based on the information you supplied. When they come to pick up the car, they will inspect it then, and if things don't agree with the information you supplied, they can revise their offer.

Well, my
The offer they give you online is conditional, based on the information you supplied. When they come to pick up the car, they will inspect it then, and if things don't agree with the information you supplied, they can revise their offer.

Understood. But Carvana's offer was $4,000 below Carmax's. I think I gave Carvana everything I can think of, it may have a few superficial scratches but I'm selling a $30,000 Hyundai, not $300,000 Ferrari.

Check KBB too, they gave the best price for my 2015 Genesis in August and I sold it to one of their partnered dealerships.

Back