Anyone SOLD car to Carmax / Carvana / Vroom etc. lately?

Vroom is awful! I finally got my title back but the DMV had already sent a duplicate. It's pretty sad when the DMV is more responsive and easier to work with...they sent this guy an unsigned check! :oops:

Yes. But they are a hot item right now.

Just keep repeating that for yourself and click your shoes together and maybe one day you will get what YOU THINK it is worth. ASK & SELL price are two different things BTW.

I sold my 2019 VW Golf Alltrack with 9,600 miles to Carmax for $28,200. They were offering me $25,200 a week earlier. I couldn‘t pass up the deal when the price jumped $3,000. The crazy thing is they were selling it for $29,000, only $800 more then what they bought it. My car needed zero reconditioning but they still had to do all the lender and DMV paperwork. They sold my car within the week. By the way, I also live in Vancouver and dealing with the Carmax on 117th was easy.

Just keep repeating that for yourself and click your shoes together and maybe one day you will get what YOU THINK it is worth. ASK & SELL price are two different things BTW.
I would not expect to get $20k. But dealers don't want to sit on inventory. They must be getting$16k or so for that one. Mines higher miles. The $1200 quote I got was disappointing

Sold my Raptor to Vroom in June and am the person in dishdude’s link. The unsigned check and slow communication were a pain. If you can do it locally with Carmax and for more money that would be my choice. I’d sell if I were in the situation you described.

I'm going in to Carmax this morning.
If they have a good looking low mileage Mazda CX-5, no-turbo, I may pick up one.

When a poster above referred to a '10 day hold on the check" does that mean....They come, look, assess, cut check, give it to you, go away.
You deposit the check and wait for it to clear, when it clears they return for the vehicle and title?

OR do they hand you a check and you hand them the title....then they return for the car after you say the check cleared?

I would not expect to get $20k. But dealers don't want to sit on inventory. They must be getting$16k or so for that one. Mines higher miles. The $1200 quote I got was disappointing

What is NADA or KBB on it?

When a poster above referred to a '10 day hold on the check" does that mean....They come, look, assess, cut check, give it to you, go away.
You deposit the check and wait for it to clear, when it clears they return for the vehicle and title?

OR do they hand you a check and you hand them the title....then they return for the car after you say the check cleared?

I didn't have that experience with Carvana. The guy walked around the car once, took two pictures, handed me a check for the exact amount offered. I netted 8K on a 17k vehicle that I purchased 10 months ago...

The whole transaction took 6 minutes. The car is on their website for 2k more than I was paid. I don't know how they make a profit...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009-093026.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-093026.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 13
Sold my clean 2015 Audi Allroad Premium Plus w/Sport & Tech packages, w/51k miles, to CarMax in April 2021 for $22k. Vroom offered me $21,700, local Audi dealer $17k, and a local Infiniti dealer $18k. I had it advertised PP for $23,900, and no takers.

CarMax initially did a physical inspection and presented me with their offer about 45 minutes later. I returned the next day and they test drove it and performed a code scan (no codes). An hour later I walked out with a check.

Historically, I leased it new, and then I bought it off-lease from Audi Financial in November 2017 for $28k.

Found out CarMax shipped it to the other side of the state and sold it 45 days later for $27,995.

Carvana/vroom are in the business of late model cars. Like 5-7 years old or newer. Not something that is 20 years old.

Yes- it would seem that "Chris142" doesn't quite have the "gem" he thinks he has. It's a 20 year old vehicle-that admittedly has high miles-that happens to have a "Jeep" badge on the grill. So he shouldn't be posting anything negative about this car buying service and just move on.

GiveMeTheVin.com is persistent. Keep coming back and asked for Carmax's offer paper, beat offer by $150.
I'm thinking to buy replacement vehicle from them to save on sales tax, but GMTV doesn't sell one.

Back