So what's the "go-to" PEA based fuel additive? Indirect and direct injection engines...

That doesn’t tell me which one at Walmart he’s referencing. That just tells me about Napas.
Walmart Techron concentrate plus 10oz which treat up 15 gallon bottle. Other Walmart sell Techron high mileage which you can by at other places too treat rate I believe 1 oz to 1 gallon .

Walmart Techron concentrate plus 10oz which treat up 15 gallon bottle. Other Walmart sell Techron high mileage which you can by at other places too treat rate I believe 1 oz to 1 gallon .
the bottles all say treat up to ... but Chevron's recommendation is 1:1 ratio...even for the Walmart version which really isn't their version but for the number of ounces...it is the same product just in a different size to appear the better buy...it is never the better buy for me when compared to on sale prices elsewhere...as always...YMMV

Bill

the bottles all say treat up to ... but Chevron's recommendation is 1:1 ratio...even for the Walmart version which really isn't their version but for the number of ounces...it is the same product just in a different size to appear the better buy...it is never the better buy for me when compared to on sale prices elsewhere...as always...YMMV

Bill
I was reading old pea post here there members here it 10 oz is water down if you used 15 gallon fuel so 10 oz to 10 gallon is chevron recommend yes I was under impression 10 Walmart is more concrete but it not .

Since we've revealed mathematical formulas attempting to pinpoint the perfect dosage of PEA, does anyone have direct experience with it actually cleaning anything?

I thought several here or perhaps in other threads mentioned this but...it cleared up a sticking fuel level sender in a 2001 Corvette, similar issues in a 2006 Corolla, 2007 F150 so I use it once in awhile and always when I am working on or have bought a new to me vehicle where I have no knowledge of its previous life...

YMMV

Bill

My tank is almost at 1/8 in the Mustang running the Redline stuff. I notice a significantly smoother idle and acceleration. It will be interesting once I burn it a bit lower and fill up with gas if it continues to run better or am I noticing the additive burning better. Once its straight fresh gas Ill find out.

It doesn't matter because they cannot "interact" with GDI as the whole point of the issue is that unlike PFI, the gasoline never washes the intake valve. You can try to put unicorn-tears© into a fuel injection cleaner and you know what? It won't matter either as the unicorn-tears® will never touch those valve stems....
Many newer GDI engines use a valve overlap function and a double injector spray during light throttle. This allows some of fuel to get onto the intake valves before combustion.

Pulled my air intake to do a brief inspection on my throttle body as it's over the 199,000 mark and it has had hardy many gdi cleanings since I put on the induction kit. Seems that the pcv valve and everything is working. Running good fuel, occasionally a pea fuel based cleaner and four ounces of gumout multitune in the crankcase right before a oil change. NO oil,gunk,etc found on throttle. I did do a GDi throttle cleaning today which threw a bunch of codes lol. Literally no smoke after so that tells me whatever is being done so far has worked.

Attachments

• 20220912_164700_HDR.jpg
    20220912_164700_HDR.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220912_164653_HDR.jpg
    20220912_164653_HDR.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220912_172322_HDR.jpg
    20220912_172322_HDR.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I came across this product recently - Cataclean. It is claimed to clean fuel injectors, O2 sensors and the cat converter too.
Does anyone here on BITOG have any experience with this product?

I put a bottle of cataclean in my 1999 Volvo S70 a few years ago... It had a bad Cat and it was inspection time. I figured I've thrown away $25 on risker things than the magic cat elixer... I don't know if the Cataclean had any affect, but the CEL turned off long enough for me to get it inspected one last time... Donated it 6 months later. Needed a head gasket and a new CV axle too by then. I was done throwing $$$ at it. Went to the public radio station at 21 years old, 276k on the odo. RIP.

Back