So what is the deal with HPL Oil?

Hope I don’t get banned for asking whether HPL is the Mr. Clean version of Amsoil. I remember reading so much material online about not how great Amsoil is but how much better it was in comparison to other conventional synthetic oil. And all those fancy sites were either owned by or were affiliated with Amsoil if you really dig into their super tiny prints often listed elsewhere.

As we all starting to or already figured out, Amsoil makes great oil and it is clearly a boutique brand just like Red Line and Royal Purple were many years ago but Amsoil has the best marketing department with the most loyal affiliates and dealer network. But is is a great oil clearly not meant for the mass. On the opposite end, we have Kirkland, and to a some extent Wally Syntec, are also great oil at such great price because both Warren and Costco don’t need a massive marketing department to take over any top spot. They just create great oil and hit a very different clientele.

Honestly, I was M1 user for a long time because Mobil One was associated with petroleum and it was my go to oil regardless of price. I wasn’t even wise enough to seek deals and just bought whatever the latest M1 products, first few times at auto part stores, at Wally. For right now, M1 EP is $2 more than M1 FS and it has 20k o stead of 10k rating. If it wasn’t for that Kirkland’s black bottle someone open catching my eye, I would still be a very happy M1 user. And nothing would persuade me to try any brand except Penzoil Ultra Platinum that highly regarded. I actually like to try to see if it makes my Fit’s tiny engine quieter. I am sure butt-dyno will say it is better because I pay more and it is even available at Wally shelf but I’ll never run UOA on it and on Kirkland and M1 to see which is better; I know they are all more than good enough in my mild application.

And after this long winded post, I am intrigued to find out where I can get some HPL in my quest to take my Fit to 300k mile.

Hope I don’t get banned for asking whether HPL is the Mr. Clean version of Amsoil. I remember reading so much material online about not how great Amsoil is but how much better it was in comparison to other conventional synthetic oil. And all those fancy sites were either owned by or were affiliated with Amsoil if you really dig into their super tiny prints often listed elsewhere.

As we all starting to or already figured out, Amsoil makes great oil and it is clearly a boutique brand just like Red Line and Royal Purple were many years ago but Amsoil has the best marketing department with the most loyal affiliates and dealer network. But is is a great oil clearly not meant for the mass. On the opposite end, we have Kirkland, and to a some extent Wally Syntec, are also great oil at such great price because both Warren and Costco don’t need a massive marketing department to take over any top spot. They just create great oil and hit a very different clientele.

Honestly, I was M1 user for a long time because Mobil One was associated with petroleum and it was my go to oil regardless of price. I wasn’t even wise enough to seek deals and just bought whatever the latest M1 products, first few times at auto part stores, at Wally. For right now, M1 EP is $2 more than M1 FS and it has 20k o stead of 10k rating. If it wasn’t for that Kirkland’s black bottle someone open catching my eye, I would still be a very happy M1 user. And nothing would persuade me to try any brand except Penzoil Ultra Platinum that highly regarded. I actually like to try to see if it makes my Fit’s tiny engine quieter. I am sure butt-dyno will say it is better because I pay more and it is even available at Wally shelf but I’ll never run UOA on it and on Kirkland and M1 to see which is better; I know they are all more than good enough in my mild application.

And after this long winded post, I am intrigued to find out where I can get some HPL in my quest to take my Fit to 300k mile.

Amsoil is a fine choice, as is HPL. Get ahold of @Pablo if you want Amsoil.

Go to advlubrication.com for HPL, and use code BITOG15 for 15% off your order. Give them a call to see if they are still doing $25 flat rate shipping (per box).

Back