So how beneficial is milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife makes it seem as if it's the greatest,healthiest drink for our kids.She says it has LOTS of calcium.She doesn't want to ever wean them off of it.

It would be if you buy organic milk, but non-organic in the U.S. can contain all kinds of growth hormones and anti-biotic's that are fed to the dairy cows while producing milk because your laws are different than Canada and Europe which bans this.

It is an excellent drink of choice and is very good for kids.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
non-organic in the U.S. can contain all kinds of growth hormones and anti-biotic's that are fed to the dairy cows while producing milk

Milk plants will NOT accept milk with antibiotics in it here. Cheese plants will because the process of making the cheese kills the antibiotics. I can't speak for growth hormones for the rest of the country but at least in this tiny corner farmers don't use them, but it's slowly becoming banned here too.

Some states have jumped on the bandwagon yes but the majority of the U.S. hasn't. I apologize that you were mixed into the generalization.

There are other ways to get the calcium and nutrients milk provides, it isn't an end-all be-all. Our bodies were not designed to ingest dairy all the time. Why do you think so many people are lactose intolerant? Eventually our race will get evolve to accept dairy.

All I know is the kids that didn't drink milk were always breaking some bone or another.
I never broke a major bone, and I still drink milk everyday.

Some states have jumped on the bandwagon yes but the majority of the U.S. hasn't. I apologize that you were mixed into the generalization.

No problem! I just like to get the facts across, coming from a farming family. Everyone seems to think we're dim witted dumb dumbs.

But to answer the OP's question milk is awesome for anyone of any age.

Last edited:
There are probably as many people who say it is good for you as say it is bad for you. I really do not drink milk as a beverage but use it in cooking and eat non fat unsweetened yougurt. Ice cream every long once in a while

Originally Posted By: dparm
There are other ways to get the calcium and nutrients milk provides, it isn't an end-all be-all. Our bodies were not designed to ingest dairy all the time. Why do you think so many people are lactose intolerant? Eventually our race will get evolve to accept dairy.

Goat milk is usually easier to digest for people with lactose problems. I have had some lactose problems in the past and don't drinking our goats milk.

Originally Posted By: sparkplug

No problem! I just like to get the facts across, coming from a farming family. Everyone seems to think we're dim witted dumb dumbs.

But to answer the OP's question milk is awesome for anyone of any age.

I think Farmers are very smart and my hat off to each of them for keeping the cities fed!
wink.gif

Dang! and i thought everyone would say stuff like "you don't need it after getting what you need from mother" or "it coats your intestines somewhat,that's why they say to drink it if you drink some bad chemical".

Hi tom,

You will not find milk that does not contain hormones anywhere. Milk is by its nature a hormone delivery system. Steroid, pituitary, and hypothalmic hormones, and peptides, are all naturally occurring components of mammalian milk. Even rSTB occurs naturally in milk. Drink up!

Cheers,
-J

Originally Posted By: tom slick
You won't find milk with hormones in Calif.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
My wife makes it seem as if it's the greatest,healthiest drink for our kids.She says it has LOTS of calcium.She doesn't want to ever wean them off of it.

2 questions:

1) how old are your kids?
2) what kind of milk are we talking about?
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back