Sirius XM experiences..

Ever since buying our TourX last summer, they've hounded me to subscribe to Sirius satellite radio. On Dec 26th 2019 they finally got me. They kept calling back with lower prices. Today i get an email reminding me they are going to automatically renew the plan but no pricing data included.

Of course i had to call them up. 15 mins of holding time, no big deal we got the rona and all that, i get to talk to someone. She tells me i have to call on Dec 26th, the last day, to cancel this full year plan i purchased. It is not possible to cancel the plan for some reason. I laugh and say, cancel it today then. How much is my pro rata refund if i cancel today? She pauses, then says she can get in touch with a senior account executive and process this future cancellation request today.

What a hassle it is to deal with companies these days. They all let you "manage" your accounts online. This does not ever include cancelling. You have to go through the wringer of anti cancel sales people first. The audacity to claim i have only that one day Dec 26th 2020 to cancel is beyond absurd.

It's a pity, the wife and kids liked the service. I'm not sure if i will resub simply because of how annoying it is to cancel. If you don't cancel they will charge some non negotiated, non promotional, high fee.

I get letters to renew for $5.00/month. I would. $5.00 is nothing these days. Just don't want the hassle of cancelling when they raise the price to a rediculouse level next year. Sirius could learn a lesson from Netflix in this regard.

If I had to do it again, I would have kept my subscription just to prevent them calling, emailing, texting, and sending letters to my house for almost 2 years begging me to come back.

It has finally stopped but all it takes is some well meaning salesperson signing you up for the cycle to repeat itself.

You get youtube Premium on the Radio?

That's the killer. The XM interface built right into the radio works great. Trying I Heart Radio on my Camry doesn't always work. Need an app running on my phone or some other error message.

Ever since buying our TourX last summer, they've hounded me to subscribe to Sirius satellite radio. On Dec 26th 2019 they finally got me. They kept calling back with lower prices. Today i get an email reminding me they are going to automatically renew the plan but no pricing data included.

Of course i had to call them up. 15 mins of holding time, no big deal we got the rona and all that, i get to talk to someone. She tells me i have to call on Dec 26th, the last day, to cancel this full year plan i purchased. It is not possible to cancel the plan for some reason. I laugh and say, cancel it today then. How much is my pro rata refund if i cancel today? She pauses, then says she can get in touch with a senior account executive and process this future cancellation request today.

What a hassle it is to deal with companies these days. They all let you "manage" your accounts online. This does not ever include cancelling. You have to go through the wringer of anti cancel sales people first. The audacity to claim i have only that one day Dec 26th 2020 to cancel is beyond absurd.

It's a pity, the wife and kids liked the service. I'm not sure if i will resub simply because of how annoying it is to cancel. If you don't cancel they will charge some non negotiated, non promotional, high fee.

Being from Utah-you should know all too well how useless your cellphone can be when on a road trip through Wyoming, Nevada, Montana, and many parts of Idaho. Here is how I renewed my subscription the last three times. "Hey-I want the rate I receive last time or I am cancelling the service".

BTW-the dominate newspaper in Utah is the same way-it's a perpetual subscription (even if you only pay for a given term) until you call them up to cancel-you will just accumulate a balance until you call them. And unlike XM-you can't put your subscription on hold for any reason. You either have to choose "e-access" or donate papers to education.

So-what I a saying is XM is not alone in their practices.

Reactions: GON
Until i downloaded iHeart Radio App (FREE), i loved my SiriusXM radio. But would always have to battle for the promotional rate at the end of my contract (6 months). iHeart radio has everything i need.

If anyone has an inactive radio, they're offering a great deal. $60 for the entire year, includes Howard and streaming on your phone...plus they'll even send a coupon to redeem at Amazon for a free Echo Dot.

Deal

Yeah we are cheap, use T-Mobile, so there are dead spots. If i subscribe to the onboard LTE it uses AT&T and even that has dead spots, usually in different places than T-Mobile.

In order to cancel the LTE for the car you have to call in and waste a bunch of time. We do tend to turn that data on if we plan to travel that month.

Between T-mobile phone streaming, Sirius, and 4G LTE onboard, we can go just about anywhere and have something work. I just wish i i could turn it on and off easily without the run around.

I have it and spend something like $320 a year. That being said I listen to it literally all day at work, and call in usually weekly to one of the shows on the NASCAR channel. I have the All Access package so I get pretty much every channel possible. Also have SiriusXM stock and have had it since before I was a subscriber.

If anyone has an inactive radio, they're offering a great deal. $60 for the entire year, includes Howard and streaming on your phone...plus they'll even send a coupon to redeem at Amazon for a free Echo Dot.

It's not a great deal because it's a deal you can get every time. For the last 6 years I've had it and used to do their select package which was either $25 for 5 months or $30 for 6 months. But I've started doing their $60 for one year. Every time they tell me it was a special one time promo and I tell them that they do it all the time and it's mentioned on slickdeals.net. I've been pretty good at getting it down to about 10 minutes on the phone with them. A couple minutes to look up the account and then a couple minutes for them to sign me up again and then the 5 minutes to read all the terms/conditions. I put it on my calendar to call when it expires. If I miss it by a few days, they end up sticking me with the full package price but they will pro-rate it all back and you can use the credit on the new package.

I basically have to tell them not to screw around with their promotions and how it's all a one time thing when they do it all the time. I think in the beginning I was just playing their game and at one point the guy put down the phone because he said he had to check with a supervisor to see if he could do it. I think he probably just put it down and took a break or something because they don't really need to do that.

Sometimes when they ask, I say it's too expensive as I ask them to sign me up on both Mercedes. I say that in a straight forward manner and I'm still waiting to hear them chuckle but maybe they just hold it in.

Have it in both of my vehicles, sounds better in our 08 Malibu LTZ than our 17 Regal GS with the Bose system, wife loves it so we won't be canceling soon, anyway she handles all our finances so I never see the bill. ;)

It's not a great deal because it's a deal you can get every time. For the last 6 years I've had it and used to do their select package which was either $25 for 5 months or $30 for 6 months. But I've started doing their $60 for one year. Every time they tell me it was a special one time promo and I tell them that they do it all the time and it's mentioned on slickdeals.net. I've been pretty good at getting it down to about 10 minutes on the phone with them. A couple minutes to look up the account and then a couple minutes for them to sign me up again and then the 5 minutes to read all the terms/conditions. I put it on my calendar to call when it expires. If I miss it by a few days, they end up sticking me with the full package price but they will pro-rate it all back and you can use the credit on the new package.

I basically have to tell them not to screw around with their promotions and how it's all a one time thing when they do it all the time. I think in the beginning I was just playing their game and at one point the guy put down the phone because he said he had to check with a supervisor to see if he could do it. I think he probably just put it down and took a break or something because they don't really need to do that.

Sometimes when they ask, I say it's too expensive as I ask them to sign me up on both Mercedes. I say that in a straight forward manner and I'm still waiting to hear them chuckle but maybe they just hold it in.

Those deals are for the Select Lite package and don't include streaming, Howard Stern or a free Echo Dot. Plus this delays the cancellation call for an entire year.

Last edited:
When I bought my Tacoma 5 and half years ago it had a free 90 day all access trial. I really liked the channel selection. But it's too **** expensive. I let it expire. But they kept contacting me. So I finally called them and made an offer. They said to keep me as a customer they would allow it once. It's been 5 years now. Each September I call them and say "1 year All Acess subscription for $99 or cancel my service". They pretend to jump through some hoops and "talk to their supervisor" and ultimately always do it.

I pay it on line, making sure to select the "pay one time" option so they can't renew me automatically....and at retail price.

The 1st time they tell me they can't do $99.....I'm done

Back