Silicone ADBV - Always red?

Just to give some context to latest pic posted. On left is older Royal Purple with silicone adbv, and right is older ACDelco ecore with nitrile adbv. Same as Fleetguard OF confirmed, ACDelco makes no pretense of claiming black adbv other than nitrile.

Also, neither filter pictured has same construction now. Recent pics show both RP and ACD use Champ Labs newest ecore construction with metal end caps.

Reactions: hrv
The black Fram ADBVs have a “satin” appearance, almost like silicone tubing. Nitrile has more of a “dull” look, IIRC.
I think that some are stuck on the orange look and if it is black it is rubber... The one I saw was black BUT it had a shiney look to it...

Got a reply back from Fram Tech and yes they are now using a black silicone anti drain back valve....so they are silicone and not rubber on the tuff guard...as the older orange ones get sold they will be replaced with black silicone..

Got a reply back from Fram Tech and yes they are now using a black silicone anti drain back valve....so they are silicone and not rubber on the tuff guard...as the older orange ones get sold they will be replaced with black silicone..

Would you be willing to sacrifice one for the freezer test?

are the "red" ones always silicone???...I've noticed that some oil filters appear to have a more red rather than the more orange looking (to me anyway) ADV and wondered if some filters are just using that colored but non silicone ADV

Bill

are the "red" ones always silicone???...
Put simply, never seen an orange/red-ish adbv that isn't silicone. Or, one that makes the claim or has been proven to be other than silicone. Unfortunately, now because of recent changes and unsubstantiated claims from unreliable reps about black adbv being other than nitrile, I understand the question.

As for adbv 'shine' (or lack of it) being posited as some kind of proof of composition, not buying it. Too much of a leap for me. A protectant will shine up nitrile nicely.

Besides the freezer test, you can burn the ADBV which I plan to do for science. I think silicone shouldn’t burn easy, nitrile will burn smoky.

1642281462320.jpg

1642281485791.jpg

1642281514833.jpg

So Walmart only has the orange and purple/blue ADBV Frams. But, Home Depot had this. Stay tuned. No, those Diablo 3tpm blades aren’t my weapons to cut this filter.

C5F3D9CC-569B-4442-AC82-A8D98819D1DA.jpeg

Back