Silicone ADBV - Always red?

Just now seeing this thread, sorry for the hold up. Sounds like you want to know what material the bypass valve is made of on the LF16002, correct? I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Just now seeing this thread, sorry for the hold up. Sounds like you want to know what material the bypass valve is made of on the LF16002, correct? I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.
The anti-drainback valve, yes please, thank you!

Been following this thread because I was interested in the answer. Not implying it would be otherwise, but I appreciate the forthright answer and it's the conclusion I've always thought. Remains, 'I' only know of the one brand as noted claiming their black adbv to be something other than nitrile, specifically silicone. And that only on the website, (not box any longer since change of coo and from red to black adbv) where it says "silicon".

Here is the unicorn.
20211221_101654.jpg
20211221_101719.jpg

That looks looks pretty close to the same shade of blue on the ADBV of the new Supertech MP-series. Is Fram possibly picking up some of the production on those and ran out of the orange ADBV's?

I'm 'pretty sure' it's the same adbv used on the MP series. At least from same Champ production chain. Imo, too close to be a coincidence. First Brands using some filter parts from Champ Labs side of production. Baseplate still looks like the Fram PH7317 has been and still metal center tube. As suggested, could be a shortage of the red adbv currently.

Props to Drewby83 for the pics. (y) The Unicorn LIVES!

This thread by @The Critic from last year:

Had me thinking about commercial filters that are high-end that you'd THINK would have silicone ADBV's, but they are clearly black. How would one tell if the media from the company doesn't state one way or the other? @ZeeOSix mentioned freezing it, but that's difficult to do without sacrificing a filter.

In particular, my query resides in relation to the Fleetguard LF16002 which is the cross for the PH2/XG2 and FL-820S filters, using Fleetguard's synthetic nanofibre (I presume NanoNet) media. I've run the FL1A version on our boats and plan to continue doing so.

I recall them being a Parker unit, but I think they are almost all Parker, regardless of being nitrile or silicone.

I wonder if @NashNative our local Fleetguard guru would know?
no one says silicone has to be orange...silicone can be black...blue...red and clear and maybe more colors...

Back