Fleetguard LF16011 - Cut open - New

This verifies the filter is safe to use on Toyotas or any vehicle that specs a ph3614 filter. I think the fleetguard webpage bypass spec is in the max open pressure range because applying 4 pounds gives me 26.6 psid in which the bypass looks fully opened.

I dont know the StrataPore micron rating but a quick search here says its 100% @ 30 microns and 99% @ 25 microns from a topic 10 years ago so not sure how much that has changed over the years.
I know many of you are running these without issue but it still bothers me that Donaldson lists a completely different filter cross for the 3614. Seems to me there is likely a reason for that.

At any rate I will continue to watch with interest.👀

I know many of you are running these without issue but it still bothers me that Donaldson lists a completely different filter cross for the 3614. Seems to me there is likely a reason for that.

At any rate I will continue to watch with interest.👀
Donaldson and Fleetguard have multiple tier offering of their filters. A basic crossreference is a starting point imo. You dont have to bound yourself to it. Same reason why some of us prefer to use a larger filter for obvious reasons.

The P551132 bypass opening force starts at 3 pounds and an opening diameter of 9/16 of an inch which estimates to about 12 PSID which is in range of what the web page spec of 11 PSID lower and 17 PSID max opening pressure. So yeah its fine and safe to subsitute a 3614 filter. And you get the best in the industry micron rating synteq media.

Later in a week or two I'll get around to buying some OEM Subaru oil filters at the dealership, mostly to put the 23 psi claim to rest mainly because I'm in the market for a high efficiency filter for the 2022 WRX and all these bypass pressure claims all over the internet are just outright confusing or a marketing tactic to vendor lock Subaru owners to OEM filters only. If you guys have suggestions on which OEM part number filters to get and cut open to measure bypass opening pressures feel free to drop a comment.

Great pictures! Now, if we could find a way to get the price of them down to closer to Fram Endurance & Royal Purple levels...
Yeah every major heavy duty retailer prices range from about 20 dollars give and take. You could try ebay but risk getting fakes or very old stock. I ordered and shipped from Fleetpride and they seem to have these sealed in a baggy plastic bag whereas the Donaldson is shrink wrapped.

Later in a week or two I'll get around to buying some OEM Subaru oil filters at the dealership, mostly to put the 23 psi claim to rest mainly because I'm in the market for a high efficiency filter for the 2022 WRX and all these bypass pressure claims all over the internet are just outright confusing or a marketing tactic to vendor lock Subaru owners to OEM filters only.
I think there are a few aftermarket filters that do have a specific Subaru application with the higher bypass valve setting. Will be interesting to see how the OEM Subaru filters test for bypass valve crack-open PSI.

I think there are a few aftermarket filters that do have a specific Subaru application with the higher bypass valve setting. Will be interesting to see how the OEM Subaru filters test for bypass valve crack-open PSI.
Mainly interested in the lower range opening pressures, once the valve starts opening even just by a little, the filter is pretty much out of the system. So far the Donaldson P551132 is close accurate to what its specs page claimed as I mentioned above it starts to open at 3 pounds of force which estimated to 12 PSI opening pressure. I have also measured the Toyota YZZN1 bypass as well but I will do future cut open thread for those later once I get the full set of various sizes from the dealership.

Mainly interested in the lower range opening pressures, once the valve starts opening even just by a little, the filter is pretty much out of the system.
I wouldn't say that, because even if the filter bypass is cracked open a bit, the vast majority of the flow is still going through the media.

Later in a week or two I'll get around to buying some OEM Subaru oil filters at the dealership, mostly to put the 23 psi claim to rest mainly because I'm in the market for a high efficiency filter for the 2022 WRX and all these bypass pressure claims all over the internet are just outright confusing or a marketing tactic to vendor lock Subaru owners to OEM filters only. If you guys have suggestions on which OEM part number filters to get and cut open to measure bypass opening pressures feel free to drop a comment.

Yeah every major heavy duty retailer prices range from about 20 dollars give and take. You could try ebay but risk getting fakes or very old stock. I ordered and shipped from Fleetpride and they seem to have these sealed in a baggy plastic bag whereas the Donaldson is shrink wrapped.
This is the filter for the 22 wrx that I have

20240503_114139.jpg

Back