Shell Helix Ultra 'X' 5w30

Hi all,

Does anyone have the data sheet for Shell's "new" Helix Ultra 'X'?

I'm trying to work out if this is too thin for my Honda S2000 which sees some hard use (incl some tracktime). I was also planning on trying liquimoly ceratec with this oil, which could 'thicken' things somewhat?

Appreciative of any guidance, specifically interested in the HTHS number (which, given A3/B4 approval, should be greater than or equal to 3.5).

Many thanks!

Isn't "Helix Ultra X" just a new name for the regular Helix Ultra ? This is what it looks like just browsing a few australian auto part stores. Can't find the latest PDF in english but maybe you will be able to know everything you want with the french one i have (up to date). HTHS is 3.5. I wouldn't add any additive, this is a very good oil by itself and i wouldn't mess with it. It you want something heavier you can get the 5w40 version, it's like a heavy 5w30 with a 100°C cSt of 12.9 vs 11.8 for the 5w30 version. I had very good experience with both.

Attachments

• Shell Helix Ultra 5w30.pdf
    179.3 KB · Views: 126
Isn't "Helix Ultra X" just a new name for the regular Helix Ultra ? This is what it looks like just browsing a few australian auto part stores. Can't find the latest PDF in english but maybe you will be able to know everything you want with the french one i have (up to date). HTHS is 3.5. I wouldn't add any additive, this is a very good oil by itself and i wouldn't mess with it. It you want something heavier you can get the 5w40 version, it's like a heavy 5w30 with a 100°C cSt of 12.9 vs 11.8 for the 5w30 version. I had very good experience with both.
Thank you!

Hi all,

Does anyone have the data sheet for Shell's "new" Helix Ultra 'X'?

I'm trying to work out if this is too thin for my Honda S2000 which sees some hard use (incl some tracktime). I was also planning on trying liquimoly ceratec with this oil, which could 'thicken' things somewhat?

Appreciative of any guidance, specifically interested in the HTHS number (which, given A3/B4 approval, should be greater than or equal to 3.5).

Many thanks!
If you're afraid a 30-grade might be too thin then I'd suggest trying a 40-grade.

My choice would be a 0/5w40 too for peace of mind even if a good 5w30 might be good enough. Depending on what's available and the price i'd get a typical euro full saps synthetic with all the approvals.

Thanks all - I think I'll throw the 5w30 in my daily driver (2006 K24 Accord Euro [TSX for the US folk?]) I'll opt for the 5w40 Helix next time :)

Could be an engine for some base oil viscosity, I think it came from mostly 10W-30 anyway (when Ultra-X sounded revolutionary? https://www.ebay.de/itm/133022634024) and should love the more newtonian path. Fictions of MOFT (from just a 40 plus a HTHS-V) don't necessarily bear – and cleanliness may profit from reducing VII even in a heated corner of Australia.

Back