Shell Helix Ultra 5W-30

Yeah I agree, Shell in Australia need to provide an API SP & Dexos1 rated, GTL based Shell Helix Ultra 5W30 and maybe even 0W20. They already have SHU 5W40 A3/B4 for the big toys.

To be honest I would prefer a GTL 5W20 over a GTL 0W20, as it would have lower Noack etc. But I realise most owners manuals now call for 0W20 as a sort of world spec., so a 0W20 would be much more useful to those who just want to follow the owners manual, which is most people.
Castrol seems like the only non local brand that supplies a full product range.

However, SHU 5W30 C3 currently @ $28.60 is a steal.

Reactions: SR5
Yeah I agree, Shell in Australia need to provide an API SP & Dexos1 rated, GTL based Shell Helix Ultra 5W30 and maybe even 0W20. They already have SHU 5W40 A3/B4 for the big toys.

To be honest I would prefer a GTL 5W20 over a GTL 0W20, as it would have lower Noack etc. But I realise most owners manuals now call for 0W20 as a sort of world spec., so a 0W20 would be much more useful to those who just want to follow the owners manual, which is most people.
Yeah it's a shame the range is so limited in Oz.
However, I guess with the super low noack of GTL, the full saps are less of a concern for IVD & GDI

Interesting to note that we had the focus serviced at Ford last month and they used the Shell AF Pro 5w30...so a5/b5 (913D)..which is weird but ok as the manual states that a5/b5 can be used if you can't find the C2 based 948b spec oil.. However by saying that you can use a higher SAPS a5/b5 oil, are Ford not really worried about intake deposits & LSPI etc in hhe ecoboost?? What am I missing..

I just saw this stuff in Repco (Australia) today, it must be new as I've never seen it before. Shell Helix Ultra 5W-30 full synthetic. It's a GTL (PurePlus) based oil, and according to the jug it's made in Hong Kong. It's rated API SN-Plus, ACEA A3/B4, BMW LL-01, MB 229.5 / 226.5 and Renault RN 0700 / 0710. This is the first SN-Plus (for LSPI control) and A3/B4 (for high HTHS) oil I have ever seen in the wild. Do you have it in North America? It would probably be called Pennzoil Platinum Euro of some sort. Looks like a top quality oil to me.
Changed to this in daughters Suzuki SX4 yesterday. Very well priced oil!