Sent Email to Fram about filter rattling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Having noted that, the quality or QC/QA of 50% of the filters sent to you as goodwill effort is a joke though. I don't recall seeing any other filter manufacturer sending dented canister filters directly to a board member here.

Have you seen ANY manufacturer send comp'ed filters to anyone here, much less autopsy them and allow the pics to be published?
Yes, certainly, recent example I can think of is Ecogard to a board member in Houston.

Have you not?

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4430599/Virgin_EcoGard_X4651_C&amp
[/quote]

No, I've been gone for about three years, but what about the second part of the question?

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Having noted that, the quality or QC/QA of 50% of the filters sent to you as goodwill effort is a joke though. I don't recall seeing any other filter manufacturer sending dented canister filters directly to a board member here.

Have you seen ANY manufacturer send comp'ed filters to anyone here, much less autopsy them and allow the pics to be published?
Yes, certainly, recent example I can think of is Ecogard to a board member in Houston.

Have you not?

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4430599/Virgin_EcoGard_X4651_C&amp

No, I've been gone for about three years, but what about the second part of the question? [/quote]

Well dude you've been a board member for so much longer than me, YOU'RE telling us the thread I posted a link to is unique in the history of your board membership, defend a filter mfr sending someone filters the mfrs as a council declared not to be used 21 years ago, and you want a different answer to the second part of your question after telling us the thread I linked to is unique in your board membership history?
21.gif

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

Last edited:
Geeez ... mellow out. No wonder Jim left the board 3 years ago. Just because someone has been around here longer than someone else doesn't mean they read every thread. Anything to nit pick seems to be the MO.

Says the dude who got a multi-page thread about his behavior posted here.

No logic between pictures being posted and shipping someone stuff that was declared not to be used 21 years ago.

I have absolutely nothing to do with whether Jim Allen participates on this board or not, and challenge you to use any sort of quote feature to prove otherwise.

As well as Gollum, you're just having another one of your drama seeking tantrums which will undoubtably escalate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Says the dude whose last rant against me, something about accusing me of calling someone a liar, was so devoid of facts it was deleted, something only mods can do, and deleted from the next poster's post where it had been copied using the "quote" feature - but still shows re:ZeeOSix in the upper left hand corner, a telltale of who was quoted. So your perspective is meaningless with regard to facts once again. I see you lack the sbility to prove I had anything to do with Jim Allen choosing to leave this board still.

It's a fact ... Jim was gone from the board of 3 years. So why rag on him because he didn't see some thread you read? Wow, are you serious? Where did I say you had something to do with him leaving. He probably left because of nonsense like people seem to dish out on a regular basis for no real reason.

Back up with the quote feature that I had anything to do with Jim Allen's absence from this board.

Just as I predicted, an escalating non-factual drama tantrum from you.

I never said or implied it was you ... it's the nonsense replies - enough with the nonsense. I'm done with replying to nonsense. Get real.

You guys have been here way way longer then me and I value your opinions. I really want the discussion to continue about the filter and your take on the photos. I do not want it locked. Please. So on photo #3 and #4 why would the dents on the bottom of the cup be dented in if dropped on the cup end. The dents look deep ???

Originally Posted By: littleant
You guys have been here way way longer then me and I value your opinions. I really want the discussion to continue about the filter and your take on the photos. I do not want it locked. Please. So on photo #3 and #4 why would the dents on the bottom of the cup be dented in if dropped on the cup end. The dents look deep ???

The Fram letter says the filters were dropped, dents would be as expected from dropping, from outside in. They aren't from the inside out, optical illusion. The dents aren't in a place where they would do anything IMO. The spring sits on the outer part of the can. Also they said all parts are in spec. Doesn't make sense to me.

On another note about dents, I received from Pep Boys a Fram Ultra with a dent on the top, worse than these. Box was factory sealed. Filter did not rattle. Since we see Fram has sent the person two dented filters from the factory, my conclusion is Fram is denting filters at the factory. The proof is about 100% they aren't checking each filter before it is boxed and sealed. Not a problem if filters aren't being dented during production.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Originally Posted By: littleant

The Fram letter says the filters were dropped, dents would be as expected from dropping, from outside in. They aren't from the inside out, optical illusion. The dents aren't in a place where they would do anything IMO. The spring sits on the outer part of the can. Also they said all parts are in spec. Doesn't make sense to me.
Thanks goodtimes got it.

If the element, case, and spring are the right length, my vote is to the baseplate being pressed a little too shallow. Would take very little less inward bending to change things.
There is the evidence four filters at one WM rattled, which suggests a malfunction in manufacturing at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back