noise in new Fram Ultra filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: old1
Yes they are defective for sure. I stuck a pencil down the center, and can move the tube around in there. The other 4 of the 6 seem ok. I am sure they are either old stock, or closeout from somewhere, as the boxes are a little ratty. I took the 2 bad ones to Wal Mart and told them they were defective, and exchanged them for 2 new ones. I would hope they will return them to Fram.

So it's okay to take two filters you bought off eBay and exchange them at Walmart? No, they are not going back to FRAM. They are going right back on the shelf and will be sold to the next unsuspecting buyer.

Sorry to hear you lack the integrity to do what's right.

I am pretty sure my store doesn't put things that they were TOLD were defective back on the shelf. I assumed they will be reimbursed for them, which would only be right. I think I will check the shelf, as I can definitively tell them. If they ARE there I can buy them back. But then again, if they DO put KNOWN defective merchandise back in the shelves, isn't that shame on them?? I don't want to get in an ethics discussion here, as I assumed that doing what I did was a no harm no foul for everybody. If I was wrong I am sorry.

Last edited:
I had a Bosch with a rattle; cut it open and the leaf spring was installed backwards. The rattling was the entire filter element loose inside the can.

Originally Posted By: old1
I am pretty sure my store doesn't put things that they were TOLD were defective back on the shelf. I assumed they will be reimbursed for them, which would only be right. I think I will check the shelf, as I can definitively tell them. If they ARE there I can buy them back. But then again, if they DO put KNOWN defective merchandise back in the shelves, isn't that shame on them?? I don't want to get in an ethics discussion here, as I assumed that doing what I did was a no harm no foul for everybody. If I was wrong I am sorry.

I am sorry if my comment above offended. We had here stories of water in oil jugs so it all becomes touchy. I remember taking things back to WM and she handed me back one same item and said it wasn't sold by them. They have codes on the boxes. Maybe I am wrong, but if that is correct the mystery may be solved. The filters may have been WM defect returns that went home with an employee or someone got them from the trash. It depends on the employees accuracy if defective items are put back on the shelves. People will say something is defective when it isn't just to have a reason to return it.

OP should be arrested for retail theft. You stole two filters from WalMart. People like you are the reason WalMart needs to change their return policy and require a receipt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back