Schaeffers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you use Schaeffers 7000 and 9000 engine oils and what in,like to hear pros and cons,and where purchased,and change out intervals.BL

When I found I could easily get ahold of 7000 5W30 (the place that sells it is practically walking distance from my house) I bought some for my moms car. A '94 Saturn SC2 DOHC. I just put it in a few days ago so I dont have anything positive or negative to say about it yet. Probably going to change out at 3k because whoever owned it before didnt like to change oil judging by the solids I get out of the oil pan.
crazy.gif
mad.gif

If moly works, I should see it "heal" the cam lobes I see through the filler cap, right?

its a good oil but iam disappointed that schaeffers took the easy way and cheaper group 3/4 and call their 9000 a full synthetic oil when its actually a blend..its just the principal of the thing..like mobil 1 is now a group 3 oil...this is just my opinion..i will stick with redline,motul.

I've used the 7000 blend for the past 4 years in my vehicles. The increase in prices and $250 min. order have killed that. When my stash runs out I will be switching to something else. Probably Mobil 7500 for the truck, already running Mobil 1 in the turbo.

"Great oils, poor distribution."

Well, apparantly they are making their money somewhere; but, I don't know of a place I can go to buy a change of this oil. I'm not doubting that it's quality oil, I would just like to buy 5 quarts.

Quote:

They target agriculture and industry.

I kinda figured that when I can easily find a distributor with the whole Schaeffers line in a rural Washington town of 16,000, yet a place like Las Vegas has next to nothing.
crushedcar.gif

"Sorry. There are no outlets in your area. Please call 800-325-9962 for a Sales Represenative in your area."

Where are you at? The valley or way out west? Corpus christi has one, San antonio area has a few Freer has one but Brownsville and El Paso areas don't seem to.

"Where are you at? The valley or way out west? Corpus christi has one, San antonio area has a few Freer has one but Brownsville and El Paso areas don't seem to."

Yes, I am in the "Valley" Mcallen. While Freer is a fine town, it don't believe the area can compete with the population of the "Valley"

Well, Corpus has a retailer if you ever occassion up the coast. Population has little to do with the distributors who are aimed at Racers, Farmers and industry.

Last edited:
"Sorry. There are no outlets in your area. Please call 800-325-9962 for a Sales Represenative in your area."

Do that or email them and they will have a sales representative contact you.

Schaeffers Manufacturing is a manufacturer and blender of over 300 different products as well as the largest independent manufacturer of diesel fuel additives in the USA. The Co. is built on the individual self employed representatives in any given area. This business model has proven to be very effective in lock step with Schaeffers philosophy.
While our growth rate is quite respectable all areas of the US have not been developed. Individuals that represent Schaeffers build their business in different ways. Some areas have many retail outlets and quality garages that offer our products and/or oil changes, while others do not. The buying public tend to buy on price vs. quality as well as brand name recognition ( an expensive task)thus making it difficult to obtain shelf space.

We have developed several new programs designed to enable the "small" guy to obtain our core products. I think you will see more and more Schaeffers availability in the future

I cannot speak for the 9000. But I am still working through a good sized order of 7000. This oil is the heavyweight value champion in my book. The only oils I presently use ahead of it are GC and Redline, both rather expensive alternatives.

The 7000 is a synthetic blend the way one expects one to be built. I don't know if the proportions have since changed, but it was approx. 20% PAO and the rest Group II+. That's a strong ratio. Based on recent events, it may have more PAO than M1 does. A superb additive package rounds it out. It has posted good UOAs out to impressive intervals. I've yet to hear a bad word said about it here or anywhere else.

Unless you have a local dealer, the best way to get a good value is to buy in quantity or attempt a group buy. I don't know the minimums anymore, but my last order broke down to slightly over $3 per quart, delivered to my garage. I'm sure it's higher now, but you will help some of the little guys here by giving it a try.

"Well, Corpus has a retailer if you ever occassion up the coast. Population has little to do with the distributors who are aimed at Racers, Farmers and industry."

The Rio Grande Valley is quite an agricultural area.

I bit the bullet and bought $300 worth from the site sponsor a month or so back... why not? Sure, I have some inventory, but its good oil, and what does it really matter? I got some Neutra and some other stuff with it, so Im happily set with 7000 5w-30 for my truck and 9000 5w-40 for the diesels...

Poor distribution is true to a point... Id love to see shipping rate info or an online store so I can detemrine if its cost effective to pay shipping for small orders, compared to what other companies charge... THough buying a lot fo $300 worth is fine for me, considering that we use it across a number of vehicles...

JMH

One thing I like about Schaeffers is that they publish their API test results. How many other oil marketers do that? I'm seriously considering moving to their oils once my current stash runs out. I'd rather give my money to an honest company with scruples. I'd rather NOT give my money to any company that is in any way associated with a dirtbag like Mickey_M.

True, I am thinking of biting the bullet when my personal inventory is depleted and either making a trip to a retailer or making and order.
I have always liked the way Schaeffers seems to treat their customers.

Quote:

I'd rather NOT give my money to any company that is in any way associated with a dirtbag like Mickey_M.

I was in Hawaii last week... seems I missed out on some fun... care to inform me about Mickey_M???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back