Schaeffer and LE-INC post up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, since my knowledge base is still at Noobie level, curiosity has kicked in. I've been reading alot of post and comparisons and Mobil and Amsoil are the two brands that generate talk. Mobil because it's easy to obtain, Amsoil for the controversy (or MLM). In either case it's not that important.

Now here's my question(s). Do people here post about their experience with Schaeffer or LE-INC products? I see a few post in the UOA section, but these companies don't begin to come close to the discussion level or threads as the fore mention. Just wondering. So if there are Schaeffer or LE-INC users please post your experience.

Sounds like there aren't many users out there
confused.gif

Both companies have an excellent reputation for lubricant technology, but perhaps lack the advertising and distribution of Mobil and Amsoil.

Tom

Schaeffer's is harder to come by but seems to have universal acceptance as good stuff with a good reputation from those that have used it. Read about moly and look at a virgin oil analasys and see how much moly it has in it. People talk about the strong and weak points of each oils chemistry. Many people feel Schaeffer has a perfectly balanced chemistry. What is LE-INC?

In the 5w20 grade the Schaeffer Supreme 7000 looks ok. The CCV is excellent (best I recall seeing). However the MRV is not great for this grade considering it is a blend, and I suspect commands a blend price. Perhaps TomNJ could comment on why that would be?

Noack could be better, but flash point is not bad. HT/HS at 2.6 is good.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/704.pdf

Hi Ron,

MRV is a lower shear test and therefore more affected by weak crystaline structures from wax, and by VI improvers and pour point depressants. So long as it passes the spec for the grade I wouldn't worry about it.

Tom

Quote:

MRV is a lower shear test and therefore more affected by weak crystaline structures from wax, and by VI improvers and pour point depressants. So long as it passes the spec for the grade I wouldn't worry about it.

MRV spec calls for <60,000 for 5w, while some products can get under 10,000. I would rather have the oil that is 7 times better than what the spec calls for. Granted it is more important when the temps are sub freezing.

Both companies and products are exceptional. Real world oil analysis test data is what I base that opinion on.

Thanks Tom for disclosing your position and experience then posting and coming on board to add an industry insider point of view. It is a welcome and refreshing addition since Mola has been busy.

Was recently working on a project for a major oil company. Before/After testing was done for off the street potential customers current oil brand vs the major. A test of LE straight weight 30 did so well in a ancient and well worn V8 van engine that I cannot see the data points coming out much better using the majors product.This from a highly refined mineral oil vs a synthetic hard hitter.

I was amazed when a former LE tech person went to Amsoil to work but if his work at LE is any example, he will or is tightening up Amsoil a few notches in formulating technical expertise. I digress...

The cost of the products are higher because the economy of scale and target markets are different than what you see on the shelf at Wally World.

Terry

Quote:

he will or is tightening up Amsoil a few notches in formulating technical expertise.

thanks for sharing Terry. The off shelf brands have significantly closed the gap on the boutique oils IMO. (So it seems) Schaeffer's and LE are great products, but so are the ones being put out by the majors - CVX/Conocco/XOM etc.

Hi Ron,

Quote:

MRV spec calls for

So long as the oil flows to the pump, that's all that matters, and the MRV spec limits are designed to assure that. Once the pump takes it over, shear rates and temperatures increase.

Tom

Quote:

Thanks Tom for disclosing your position and experience then posting and coming on board to add an industry insider point of view. It is a welcome and refreshing addition since Mola has been busy.

Thanks, Terry. Happy to have found this forum!
grin.gif

Quote:

Schaeffer's is harder to come by but seems to have universal acceptance as good stuff with a good reputation from those that have used it. Read about moly and look at a virgin oil analasys and see how much moly it has in it. People talk about the strong and weak points of each oils chemistry. Many people feel Schaeffer has a perfectly balanced chemistry. What is LE-INC?

Lubrication Engineers...

It's a matter of exposure. Neither oil seems to seek, or target the population in general. It's killer to compete with the shelf space of the big boys. So these companies focus on the industrial sector - but even there the big boys are stalwart (ask me how I know).

Al Amatuzio knew he would be dead meat if he tried to have a go on the store shelves. Hence his dealer distribution method.

I'd love to see more LE UOA's.

Pablo"So these companies focus on the industrial sector - but even there the big boys are stalwart (ask me how I know).'
How?
Industrial sector eh? tell us more.

Sales Rep wrote:
Quote:

Pablo"So these companies focus on the industrial sector - but even there the big boys are stalwart (ask me how I know).'
How?
Industrial sector eh? tell us more.

I know from a few angles. I've worked in industrial manufacturing around the world for 28 years. I certainly have seen enough Chevron, Shell, Castrol, Mobil, etc pails - the guys that specify and buy these lubes tend to stick with the big companies. Even when given the choice of better lubricants the tendency is to stick with the lower purchase price big name lubes. And I know from being an Amsoil dealer.

Industrial sector from trucking to factories.

I don't think there is any question the two companies don't cater to the retail home user. Look at the minimum buy, the advertising channels...

This very thread:
Quote:

What is LE-INC?

The average Joe simply has never heard of either company.

Yes Pablo said it all in the last post,the major oil companys and price ,VS un educated people,myself the smaller lube companys,to quote make BETTER products,like LE,Amsoil,Schaeffers and some other brands,that is the crux of BITOG,,LE and some companys do not like to say their trade secrets,as they work very well as major oil companys are more to disclose this info on a laymans basis,now for consistency of the big guys,well they are not tellin,HA..BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back