Scary winter drive helping gf's dad pick up new van

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
He's considering them. They priced him all seasons, winters and "all weather". Now he's just confused lol.

Is it not law in Canada that vehicles have snow tires on from early winter to April?

Nope, just Quebec requires winter tires, as caprice_2nv noted. I think it's been considered in other provinces but I believe at this juncture, they are the only one to formally require it.

I wish it was mandatory here. I see so many vehicles being driven in the wintertime with nearly bald tri-season tires, pretty scary.

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
He's considering them. They priced him all seasons, winters and "all weather". Now he's just confused lol.

Is it not law in Canada that vehicles have snow tires on from early winter to April?

Nope, just Quebec requires winter tires, as caprice_2nv noted. I think it's been considered in other provinces but I believe at this juncture, they are the only one to formally require it.

I wish it was mandatory here. I see so many vehicles being driven in the wintertime with nearly bald tri-season tires, pretty scary.

Yep. You see the pics of that massive pile-up on the 401? Was a meeting of the summer/all-season tires club from what I could see.

Ya, what a mess. I bet more than half of those vehicles did not have winter tires and were likely driving too fast for the conditions. Dangerous combination.

It wouldn't bother me if they did because I will always have them but the argument against is people who rarely drive and can stay home and wait for better weather. However they can just run winter tires year round if they put few enough miles on.

D'oh! I didnt see that. I read that in mountainous areas of British Columbia; they are required if you love in those areas according to google.

Last edited:
Nope, just Quebec requires winter tires, as caprice_2nv noted. I think it's been considered in other provinces but I believe at this juncture, they are the only one to formally require it. [/quote]

I wish it was mandatory here. I see so many vehicles being driven in the wintertime with nearly bald tri-season tires, pretty scary. [/quote]

Yep. You see the pics of that massive pile-up on the 401? Was a meeting of the summer/all-season tires club from what I could see. [/quote]

Yeah the 401 is a mess sometimes. I just leave many truck lengths between me and the vehicle ahead if it's slippery. I left even more driving that death trap equinox with all seasons.

Ya, what a mess. I bet more than half of those vehicles did not have winter tires and were likely driving too fast for the conditions. Dangerous combination.

What?!?! Driving too fast on the 401? Like that would ever happen.....

When I'm on it...my apologies to anyone behind me....I hug the right edge, and set the cruise to the speed limit.
I'm paranoid enough that they'll "pick on" the car with foreign (US, OH) plates. ( "They" being the OPP, or other law enforcement)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by earlyre

What?!?! Driving too fast on the 401? Like that would ever happen.....

When I'm on it...my apologies to anyone behind me....I hug the right edge, and set the cruise to the speed limit.
I'm paranoid enough that they'll "pick on" the car with foreign (US, OH) plates. ( "They" being the OPP, or other law enforcement)

They won't touch you unless you're doing over 120kmh at least. The US has more reasonable speed limits but you have to stick much closer to them as far as I know. I go about 5mph over in the states and 19km over here. Never been bothered either places.

My friend was just pulled over in Syracuse NY for window tint (very minor window tint). They will pull you over for dark tint here but not the stuff he has. She let him off because he's not from around there. I find if you are respectful and polite most cops will be the same back no matter where you are.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
This week my girlfriend's dad asked me if I was free to go with him 5 hours to pick up his new 2018 Chevy express cargo van to replace his beat up 04. Of course I said yes, I had no plans on Saturday.

One can still get a new 2018 Cargo Van?

Triple_Se7en: we get thousands of new cargo and 15 passenger vans daily at work. Brand new too

I questioned the year because the 2020s are out. I just wondered why that particular one (a 2018) would sit around for two years and still not be purchased or leased-out.

This week my girlfriend's dad asked me if I was free to go with him 5 hours to pick up his new 2018 Chevy express cargo van to replace his beat up 04. Of course I said yes, I had no plans on Saturday.

One can still get a new 2018 Cargo Van?

Triple_Se7en: we get thousands of new cargo and 15 passenger vans daily at work. Brand new too

I questioned the year because the 2020s are out. I just wondered why that particular one (a 2018) would sit around for two years and still not be purchased or leased-out.

I didn't figure that out until I reread your reply and my post, that's why I edited it after. A nearly new 2018 with 6k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back