Sam's Club Tire Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Canawler
I recently went to Sam's to have the tires on my work van rotated. When I originally purchased the tires at Sam's, I was told they do free rotations but no sooner than 7500 miles. I waited a bit longer than I should have but the van had just under 10000 miles. As soon as the tire service manager saw the mileage since rotation, he immediately voided my tire mileage warranty, stating something along the lines of my not having performed routine maintenance by having them rotated every 5000 miles. I pointed out that I was told they wouldn't rotate at less than 7500 mile intervals and he,of course, said that there was no way I would have been told that.

He specifically mentioned that 5000 mile tire rotation was called for in the fine print on the back of the receipt. When I actually stood there and read it, there was absolutely no mention of mileage, just that there couldn't be a large diparity between tread depth front to rear. The manager then changed his story to include the tread depth difference being how they could tell if you rotated the tires yourself.

Luckily, they had already printed out the work order showing only a 1/32" difference front to back which was well within spec.

He still wouldn't remove the "warranty voided" from the system but I still plan on making the claim if the tires don't make it. I think I have enough proof with the fine print contract and the receipt showing negligible difference in wear.

By the way, the tires are Michelin Hydroedges with an 80k warranty. I am happy with the tires but there is no way they will make 80k. They were already worn 2-3/32" at 10k.

Thay can't void your warranty. You paid for that warranty when you bought the tires. File a written complaint with the local store manager with copies to hdq...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back