Rust in Northern states

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Krown requires a leap of faith to believe that it is effective on the areas exposed to wash (rain). I had my second annual application this past summer and it seems to disappear relatively quick on the underbody. I read that it works by leaving a microscopic layer attached to the surface. Last autumn I rubbed a few areas underneath and a film did come off on my finger, but intuition wants us to see a thick layer. Time will tell.

We now have 2 Krown locations in SE Michigan if anyone is interested.

To the OP, the real beauty of the north is where you get off the beaten path. Michigan's UP has dozen's of waterfalls. https://www.google.com/search?q=michigan+waterfalls&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I found that known remains on suspension components in a layer just thick enough to attract some dust and sand.

Ziebart was very popular in the eightees. I had my 83 Honda Ziebarted but it still rusted. I suspect it rusted more because it trapped water under the black goo. I also had it reapplied every year too.

I do not think Krown made it around New England states.

My mom had "Rusty Jones" on her dodge omni. At year eight there was a coffee-cup sized hole in the door. We got $250 for it on trade in, in 1989, and a class action/ bankruptcy lawsuit netted us another $30!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back