Royal Purple rumor I heard today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard this until today,but the rumor that I was told,is that royal purple causes sludge to develop inside of a motor. I really find it hard to believe and know plenty of people who use it,and they've got no sludge on their street or race motors.

Is this a internet based rumor !?
21.gif

I hope this is a joke.

Royal Purple is a modern, API-licensed oil. Anything will eventually sludge up if abused and neglected enough. Under normal service, RP is no more or less likely to have that problem.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

I've been using it in my DD for over 170k miles and just recently thought there was a little sludge on the cam cover.I now don't think that is the case. RP has treated me VERY well.
My vote..NOT TRUE

Hmmm, haven't heard that one. I've heard it about Pennzoil, Quaker State, and Castrol so far, and if I listen long enough, I'll probably hear that every oil known to man causes sludge.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I hope this is a joke.

Royal Purple is a modern, API-licensed oil. Anything will eventually sludge up if abused and neglected enough. Under normal service, RP is no more or less likely to have that problem.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

I dont believe it,like I said far as I'm concerned it's a internet rumor,but never heard of it until today.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
I've never heard this until today,but the rumor that I was told,is that royal purple causes sludge to develop inside of a motor. I really find it hard to believe and know plenty of people who use it,and they've got no sludge on their street or race motors.

21.gif

Are you joking?

Originally Posted By: buster

21.gif

Are you joking?

Nope was told about this rumor from a customer today
wink.gif

No it is a oxymoron.

21.gif

sourced from someone who left out the oxy
Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
No it is a oxymoron.

21.gif

LMAO
lol.gif

Ok,obviously I never heard of this rumor before,so I was seeing if this was a known internet rumor,obviously not.

When enough sludge is built up, the weight of the sludge causes the motor mounts to fail and the engine falls out.

That was mentioned on a new Fox reality show "Things Idiots Believe".

Originally Posted By: Donald
When enough sludge is built up, the weight of the sludge causes the motor mounts to fail and the engine falls out.

I would guess this would cause problems with the transmission as well.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Originally Posted By: Donald

I would guess this would cause problems with the transmission as well.

Well, that would confirm the rumor that engine sludge causes transmission failure!

21.gif

This is no rumor, it's true...BUT...it's a secret!

I've learned this secret from Don Purple himself, the inventor of Royal Purple. Shhhhhhh...don't tell anyone else.

a French model once told me he slipped on his bathroom rug and that afternoon his transmission failed.

no reason to believe that RP doesn't sludge. I too read about the sludge build-up was so heavy the motor mounts failed and the engine fell out and killed a Jiffy Lube technician.

Luckily the internet is available for us to verify everything otherwise nobody would ever learn the truth.

April fools day is only 4 days away...lemme guess> this is gonna be another internet legend that comes (originates) from BITOG, spreads and lingers on the internet just like bonzai kitten?

Well, my take is that any oil, be it mineral or highly refined synthetics, will eventually decompose if it is used beyond it's intended service life.

fancy boutique products share the same fate, just like any lowly conventional oils.

Q.

21.gif

Well sort of...you see Royal Purple was once owned by Quaker State which pumped nothing but pure 100% Pennsylvania crude oil and refined their products from that. This crude oil was known to be of extremely high wax content and cause serious sludge issues when used in gasoline engines. So you see the RP and Quaker State sludge stories are really one in the same. Trust me on this one.
45.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back