royal purple haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: torrin
ive read the [censored] out of this site since i found it a week ago awesome site.

there are a ton of royal purple haters and bashers on here.
just wondering if people actually have stories about how royal purple caused damage to there engine diffs or tranny caused by royal purple. personally i like and heard all good about royal purple from people who use it. and personally would use it over amsoil because of the nuts who use amsoil. kinda like the nuts who worship obama like a god its repulsive.

just wodering if people have experienced first hand royal purple actually causing some kind of mechanical failure. i had a 65 pontiac tempest with a 326. the oil made a tremendous difference with engine noise and knocking and performance.
the onlt negative i have 2 say is its over priced .

thanks

I have to agree with you there....

no RSP

Don't do UOAs. Use whatever oil you like - at whatever price you can afford. Stay within recommended intervals -- and even use whatever air filter you like. Everyone is happy.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
The observation Audi Junkie made is a good one and begs the question, "Why doesn't RP have their banner on BITOG?"

Maybe they don't wish to pay and support a site where the membership trashes them left and right without even using it and spreads complete bull puckey about their product? Would you make a campaign contribution to the Democratic party if you were a Republican or vice versa? No of course not. So why should RP support a site where people do nothing for the most part but lie about their products and beat up on them over everything from the color to the cost?

And for whatever it is worth I personally have not seen them advertise on any auto forums. Not saying they don't but I have yet to see it on Dodge, Chevy, or Ford sites. Doesn't appear they do it anywhere although maybe...?

Last edited:
I've seen them advertise on BMW forums.

You're saying BITOG is hostile to Royal Purple, but I don't really see that to the extent you're claiming. The negative comments in this thread have been like most of the other ones I've seen: relatively mild, very civil, and mostly based on observations. If Royal Purple were to make opposing facts available, they could easily mitigate or dispel those arguments.

Heck, even just an honest approach to the unfavorable data (shearing etc.) would be well received here.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
The observation Audi Junkie made is a good one and begs the question, "Why doesn't RP have their banner on BITOG?"

Maybe they don't wish to pay and support a site where the membership trashes them left and right without even using it and spreads complete bull puckey about their product? Would you make a campaign contribution to the Democratic party if you were a Republican or vice versa? No of course not. So why should RP support a site where people do nothing for the most part but lie about their products and beat up on them over everything from the color to the cost?

And for whatever it is worth I personally have not seen them advertise on any auto forums. Not saying they don't but I have yet to see it on Dodge, Chevy, or Ford sites. Doesn't appear they do it anywhere although maybe...?
You may be right. And if they feel they are being trashed here, they can better spend their advertizing dollars elsewhere.

OTOH, if they feel they are being trashed here, they probalby should cough up some good info in response.

Originally Posted By: torrin
ive read the [censored] out of this site since i found it a week ago awesome site.

there are a ton of royal purple haters and bashers on here.
just wondering if people actually have stories about how royal purple caused damage to there engine diffs or tranny caused by royal purple. personally i like and heard all good about royal purple from people who use it. and personally would use it over amsoil because of the nuts who use amsoil. kinda like the nuts who worship obama like a god its repulsive.

just wodering if people have experienced first hand royal purple actually causing some kind of mechanical failure. i had a 65 pontiac tempest with a 326. the oil made a tremendous difference with engine noise and knocking and performance.
the onlt negative i have 2 say is its over priced .

thanks

Some people just like drinking that haterade.
grin2.gif

RP doesn't want to cross the Amsoil picket line that is set up on BITOG.........Can't blame them.

Originally Posted By: D Bone

RP doesn't want to cross the Amsoil picket line that is set up on BITOG.........Can't blame them.

Now THAT is funny. How did you come up with that?

I don't know about you, but I see PP, GC, and "whatever's on sale" WAY more than I see Amsoil on these forums...

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: D Bone

Now THAT is funny. How did you come up with that?

Thanks! I figured you would like that
23.gif

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
I've seen them advertise on BMW forums.

You're saying BITOG is hostile to Royal Purple, but I don't really see that to the extent you're claiming. The negative comments in this thread have been like most of the other ones I've seen: relatively mild, very civil, and mostly based on observations. If Royal Purple were to make opposing facts available, they could easily mitigate or dispel those arguments.

Heck, even just an honest approach to the unfavorable data (shearing etc.) would be well received here.

Ok, I had never seen them advertise on any forums. I stand corrected.

As to the bashing of RP here. You clearly have missed a lot of it because it gets really out of hand and really ridiculous.

I was in Walmart tonight grabbing a few groceries and of course had to make the traditional stroll down the oil aisle........they now have RP for about $6 a quart. At O`Reilly it`s $9. Too bad Walmart doesn`t have 20W50 :^(

I've used 5W-20 Royal Purple a couple of times with very good oil analysis reports from Blackstone. 7000 miles (in use allmost 11 monthes in a daily driver)
I agree that there is some anti RP bias at times.
From the oil reports I've read it would hard to justify any Synthetic with any reasonable oc intervals.
5W-30s, in general, shear significantly. Perhaps RP more than most but they owe us an explanation for that?
It doesn't seem to harm anything.

Originally Posted By: iunderpressure
I want to know what makes it smell like it does. RP has a different smell. I like it.

Same here. It smells like no other oil. It almost kind`ve reminds me of the way atf smells.

you know...i am of no opinion...but this is not the only forum on internet where you will find people who are less than impress with Royal Purple...rather would only prefer it to call Purple Purple? instead of accusing so and so being unreasonable or being hostile....

may be, just may be RP should try to answer and address what exactly is making some people cringe over their products...

this very approach calling people who prefer another product as RP HATERS and BASHERS? I think is an overrated reaction...

lots of members bash lot of products over BITOG...thats how sadly sometimes people engage with one another...

get RP answer and address the issues and the bad experience some folks seems to believe they had!
Cheerz

Originally Posted By: iunderpressure
I want to know what makes it smell like it does. RP has a different smell. I like it.

I think it is the grapes they put in it that makes it purple and smell so good. You also get the natural anti-oxidants too..........:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back