Rotella T6 15w-40 Is JASO MA2 Rated

Just dumped 5 quarts of T5 15W40 in my 2000 Victory V92, she runs and shifts beautifully. I'll report back after some mileage this summer. Even though it wasn't JASO rated, I'm not worried, heck if the T4 and T6 are, how can this be much different!?

Just dumped 5 quarts of T5 15W40 in my 2000 Victory V92, she runs and shifts beautifully. I'll report back after some mileage this summer. Even though it wasn't JASO rated, I'm not worried, heck if the T4 and T6 are, how can this be much different!?
No flies on T5 15w40 in my opinion. You will hear opinions about why it “may be different” or “would have the JASO rating if was ok for a shared sump” but to me the proof is in using it, which I have. Had good results with T5 15w-40 in my shared sump bike, got some in the first months it came out years ago. Stayed in grade (at the lower end, but in grade none-the-less) over a 3,700 mile OCI. Good oil.

T5 jug is also missing a reference to (Allison TES-439) off-highway wet clutch transmission vehicles which might or might not be linked in with the missing JASO MA2 reference

Back