Rotella Gas Truck Oil for "Truck-only" - am I crazy?

i checked the specs on shell website at the time and it more than met the requirements for my vehicle.

OEM Specifications and Approvals for Shell ROTELLA® Gas Truck Full Synthetic Engine Oil​

• Chrysler MS-6395
  • Ford WSS-M2C947-B1 (0W-20)
  • Ford WSS-M2C945-B1 (5W-20)
  • Ford WSS-M2C946-B1 (5W-30)
  • GM dexos1 Gen 2 specifications

Shell ROTELLA® Gas Truck Full Synthetic Engine Oil Exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications:​

• API SP
  • API SN-Resource Conserving and all previous categories
  • API SN PLUS
  • ILSAC GF-6

It's the same with Valvoline Modern whatever oil. "My car is older than 2012. I can't use this stuff in it?"
Oh...I thought that oil must be used for cars with Apple Carplay or Android Auto...otherwise, the engine will blow...

During the oil change, I whispered to my daughter's Chrysler 200 2.4L that Gas Truck 0W20 was OK for cars and it's been running fine.
A good point...I will stop telling at my car about the brand of oil I am pouring but just whisper....

Been running 5W-30 in my daughters 2010 Ford Focus since brand new and the past two oil changes have been with the Rotella Gas Truck oil , I didn't tell the engine I used the Gas Truck oil . If you pour the oil into the engine with the left hand , and no funnel,,, all will be fine.

I've heard some guys seen changes in their cars when they used it, be careful you might wake up and find something like this in your driveway.

download.jpg

My understanding is that Quaker State is specifically formulated for cars and trucks in Pennsylvania. An absolute no-go in Delaware.

Back