RockAuto slipping up on inventory control?

This has happened to me maybe a total of 5 times over the last 2 years with RA but it’s getting to the point where I question whether or not they even check returned items before restocking it back on their shelves.. and I thought Amazon was bad..

Someone’s “wrong bearing” was shipped to me. Also inside of the BCA box, there were greasy fingerprints haha

It was shipped to me from the address on the box pictured below.

Attachments

• IMG_5126.jpeg
    IMG_5126.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_5127.jpeg
    IMG_5127.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5128.jpeg
    IMG_5128.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_5129.jpeg
    IMG_5129.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 192
OMG! so they shipped it right from the return department!
So, I guess it was wrong for whoever sent it back, and I'm guessing it's wrong for you too?

I just returned some Ferrea valves today #1 it the wrong valves (size) #2 the box only had 7 valves not the 8 that should of being in the open box but that ok they left the 8th valve packaging again no valve and #3 I dont know what the Amazon was think it had the frist buyers invoise was in the box. I perchaced New. Not someone return Then I get scared that Amazon Summit racing ect ect thinks it me.

Rock auto is a middleman. If their own audits consistently return bad vendors, those vendors will be un-affiliated. The customer service at RA has always been good and if you can live with their delivery schemes they are a great resource.

Rock auto is a middleman. If their own audits consistently return bad vendors, those vendors will be un-affiliated. The customer service at RA has always been good and if you can live with their delivery schemes they are a great resource.

I have to resonate what you said and add that I truly hope (for all of us) that their customer service style never changes..

It's crazy that they sent those back out to you after the 1st return.

I thought the same thing. I’m sure I’m not the first and won’t be the last. I did write to RA with pics and the address of the warehouse in hopes that they at least conduct a soft investigation to figure out if it was a simple mistake or if this is consistent behavior.

I seem to get a different warehouse ever time I order. Its not their warehouse so you just never know. Unlike others my RA customer experience was terrible. I won't order anything of value from them again. A sensor, brakes, oil filters - fine. Anything more than a C note, not going there.

Of course that more or less leaves you paying double at a local place, because Amazon and ebay are suspect up front. At least Amazon is good about taking bad items back.

I seem to get a different warehouse ever time I order. Its not their warehouse so you just never know. Unlike others my RA customer experience was terrible. I won't order anything of value from them again. A sensor, brakes, oil filters - fine. Anything more than a C note, not going there.

Of course that more or less leaves you paying double at a local place, because Amazon and ebay are suspect up front. At least Amazon is good about taking bad items back.

It’s so hard to trust any company nowadays whether online or brick and mortar

So I got a reply from RA about the shipping address being listed as the returns dept. I’m glad I received clarification, and thought I’d share for any future concerns shall this be of concern for someone else

Attachments

• IMG_5142.jpeg
    IMG_5142.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
l never had to do any kind of warranty or wrong/bad part return at RA.
But I heard they are top notch in that department!

Back