Replacement for old formula 1Z polish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 2005 I ordered some 1Z (einszett) MP and PP (red and green) as they were all the rage around some detailing forums I frequented at the time.

Shortly afterwards they were reformulated for VOC/environmental reasons and I heard anecdotally that they now were mediocre at best and preferences went elsewhere.

Well, I am just about out of red, and may need to select some new products for spring.

My spring "routine":

- current vehicle is Barritz Blue metallic BMW E39
- application via PC, usually white pad unless there's reason to go more aggressive
- use clay with lube if contamination can be felt. Often not needed if I keep up with things
- 1Z green if specific scuffs are present. I've really only ever used green once on the whole car
- 1Z red
- P21S GEPC
- P21S/S100 carnuba wax x2
- follow up with a quick coat of P21S/S100 wax every 4-8 weeks

I've been quite happy with 1Z - foolproof, effective, easy to apply and remove. I'm probably not going to jump to Zaino unless I get another car. I'm part way through too many products ('running out' never syncs up) and I'm used to what I'm doing.

I've been eyeing the Menzerna lineup but frankly they almost have too many products and lots of synonyms used to describe and 'differentiate' them . I'd need help selecting appropriate substitutes for 1Z red and green.

Also note that I need something I can get in Canada, preferably without ordering cross-border.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Last edited:
Never used 1Z, but I can tell you the new Meguiars oferings are fantastic (105 and 205)
Also, I have never used an Optimum product I didnt like.

Originally Posted By: gofastman
Never used 1Z, but I can tell you the new Meguiars oferings are fantastic (105 and 205)
Also, I have never used an Optimum product I didnt like.

I've used a number of Meguiar's Pro products (ie. beige bottle) in the years before 1Z. I noticed that they often went "bad" - separating, clumping or getting gritty in what I would consider a premature timeframe. A detailing professional (unprompted) was complaining to me about the same thing once.

There's absolutely no way I could ever use a 5 year old Meguiar's polish successfully but my 2005 vintage 1Z still works great.

I have no idea about any of the newer Meguiar's stuff. Thanks for the tip - I'll check them out.

Last edited:
their new products, the ones with the super-micro abrasive technology are light years ahead of their old products, not even in the same league, you wont be disappointed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back