Replace Hakkapeliitta R2s on WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Palut
Thank you all for your input, I guess I'd written performance winters off as not being very good. My mind has been changed.

It looks like the Michelin Alpin's aren't available for my car, so I'm off to get some Pirelli Sottozero 3s.

Very comprehensive test, sorry if already posted.
This would be central European tyre test.
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-Auto-Bild-Winter-Tyre-Test.htm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat

Yes, because on clean roads when you have slush in between lanes you drive how fast?

When I see patches of snow or slush, I slow down to a reasonable speed.

What is reasonable speed? Hogging traffic?

Let me put this in ski terms.

Since you are a pro skiier. When you see a slower person in front in a "green slow zone", do you crash into that person and blame your skis? Or do you slow down to a reasonable speed and pass that person?

Hogging traffic isn't a reasonable speed

Yes, because on clean roads when you have slush in between lanes you drive how fast?

When I see patches of snow or slush, I slow down to a reasonable speed.

What is reasonable speed? Hogging traffic?

Let me put this in ski terms.

Since you are a pro skiier. When you see a slower person in front in a "green slow zone", do you crash into that person and blame your skis? Or do you slow down to a reasonable speed and pass that person?

Hogging traffic isn't a reasonable speed

I pass the person. For you to understand, I go thru slush and pass person. If we are talking about 50mph that means we are talking about rural road or interstate, not school zone.
By the way, slow skier in the middle of the slope is more dangerous then skier maintaining black slope "speed," to put it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back