Made the Wrong Snow Tire Decision

Mild winter here so far. We've had maybe 3 days here since 2016 where the snow was more than 3 inches and it was all plowed by the time I got out of work. I've got the dm-v2 on since a screw went through the sidewall of my A/S set last week.

I finally put mine on week before Christmas. Very next day we had mini blizzard/whiteout with almost no ground accumulation(3-4" fell).. nothing since. o_O
Not even black ice overnight.

I know its because I changed the oil in the toro Single stage blower in september and gassed it up ;)

I'm pretty good when it comes down to rubber selection....
New Car - Knowing Winters Have been getting milder and milder each year.
For 22" Winter Season, I put on 1400 miles on the new snows. Wifey put most of the mileage so I don't have any real data points.

And in my mind, when I was purchasing, selecting tires, I was leaning on Michelin PA4 but ultimately went with Hakka 5 since I've always run Hakka's with great success.

2 Days in a row, mild high 40/low 50' temps. one being in rainy conditions.
I just hate driving on Gummi bears and I feel like I have buyers remorse with not going with the PA4.
Yep. I'm in NJ/NY/CT area and I use PA4 on my BMW. I can't justify the sacrifice 98% of the time for the 5 days a year it will actually snow hard.

Back