Remington 870 20 ga dimensions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone owns a 20 ga Remington 870, I would appreciate it if you could let me know the following dimensions (preferably with calipers):

A: outside diameter of the barrel just above the magazine tube
B: outside diameter of the magazine tube
C: distance (air gap) between the barrel and the magazine tube

I'm looking at a flashlight mount for my 20 ga 500 and have found one that's a direct fit for an 870 and I'd like to know how close it would be.

Thank you very much!

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Does your shotgunny have a choke or is it a plain barrel?

The 18.5" home defense barrel I'm using is smooth bore.

Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
Give me a day or two and I can measure mine.

Thank you kindly!

As a follow-up to this, SVTCobra measured his 870, and the barrel is 0.759" down near the end of the mag tube, the mag tube is 0.855", and the gap is 0.282".
My 500's barrel is 0.775", the mag tube is .880", and the gap is 0.325".

I'm considering the "20 GAGE REM 870" BMT light mount about halfway down this page. I reckon it might work. My barrel and mag tube both measure larger than the Remington's, but that just means this clamp won't tighten completely closed, right? (Which you probably don't want anyway.)

http://cdmgear.com/lightmounts.html

I thought I was going to get a standard Elzetta mount, but multiple reviews on multiple websites mention that the shims required for a 20 gauge application are cheap, finnicky, and have to be cut to size.

Does anyone have any experience with a flashlight mount on a 20 gauge shotgun? Maybe a 20 gauge Mossberg in particular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back