Reminder to inspect oil bottles when buying at walmart.

I always check the seal. if it looks broken or is missing i won't buy it. But i haven't had that happen to me. Can also avoid it entirely by just ordering online. But seriously some people are downright scum for doing this. I've met these kinds of trash, they genuinely think they're intelligent for tricking the system or just by stealing but they're far form it.
Not just oil, but anti-freeze, too. Walmart will take anything back, so check everything. I think someone a while ago posted that used oil filters were found on the shelf

As a Canadian I refuse to shop at Walmart. The stores here are often disgustingly dirty and the automotive section looks like it was just ransacked from black Friday. Canadian tire always has sales and perfectly neat shelves where you don't have to dig around.
I think it depends on the manager of the store. Ours is pretty clean and organized here. I have no problem with it.

It pays to be a cynic, trust no one, verify everything! All of the oil bottles I've checked at my Walmart have been fine, think it comes down to the area where the Walmart is.. this behavior tends to reflect the neighborhood and the management of the store reflects the neighborhood.

And make sure you check the filter in the box too!! Picked up a Fram Ultra synthetic, opened it...thought to myself...hmm, this looks like a typical oil filter. Googled the image, and yup! It wasn’t a Fram ultra synthetic, it was something else that someone else switched out and stuffed in the box. Grabbed another one off the shelf and low and behold...there was the Ultra Filter I wanted.

As a Canadian I refuse to shop at Walmart. The stores here are often disgustingly dirty and the automotive section looks like it was just ransacked from black Friday. Canadian tire always has sales and perfectly neat shelves where you don't have to dig around.
I find the Canadian Walmarts in my area never have stock of what I want so I just order online for store pickup and therefore don’t have to fruitlessly drive around and search them all.

This thread complains that walmart takes back used motor oil without inspection.

There is a concurent thread on here where many BITOG members claim they love buying car batteries at Walmart then returning them to a walmart without an auto center so they can get a "fresh one" without someone testing it. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/walmart-battery-warranty-policy.365437/

So which don't we like again? I am so confused.
They don't put the warrantied battery back on the shelf lol...don't know what's hard to understand about that.

That's nasty......
Walmart should know better.
I don't know who's worse the scum who returned it or the scum selling it.
Well its not Walmart it just like places everyone else has worked at there are employees that pay attention to detail and then there are always those employees that seem to not care or be on drugs!

Well its not Walmart it just like places everyone else has worked at there are employees that pay attention to detail and then there are always those employees that seem to not care or be on drugs!
How the hell do you 'know' that?

There are tons of greasy walmart managers that support this kind of reselling.

Any store reselling anything has the duty to make sure it was not tampered with in any way.

Back