Reminder to inspect oil bottles when buying at walmart.

I got used oil in a M1 5qt jug from an online order from Walmart in 2019. They gave me a refund and didnt make me ship it back - ha ha.

I check the plastic tear caps when buying/receiving now and the foil seals once I remove the caps when I am going to use it.

Not as irritating as buying 6 NGK spark plug from RockAuto and getting 2 broken insulators and 4 with antisieze already applied… Sigh.

I was told that of the 2 Walmarts in my shopping area, one of them won't take oil returns. And I'd definitely make sure
I got the oil filter I was paying for. What's inside the box may not be what the outside of the box says.

I like my Toyota and Lexus Parts Mgrs. They are the best!

I didn't buy it but it caught my eye as I was looking at it.
Did you tell someone in the automotive section? Or ask to talk to a manager? Yeah, I know it shard to find an associate when you need one, but if we don't make a stink it will continue. Actually accepting oil returns may still continue regardless :) Wonder if the Pharmacy takes oxycodone-CR returns?

I often buy my oil at Walmart and sometimes oil filters. I look in the box, I check the level and cap seal on the jug. Three stores near me. One is great (Supercenter) the other has more stock and choice - but a bit freaky - but the one in North Salem is a dump.
- Ken

It's a down right shame what some people will do. Walmart just needs to train their employees who work at the customer service booth better. They need to examine any returned items thoroughly, especially since this is the only spot you can do returns.

It's a down right shame what some people will do. Walmart just needs to train their employees who work at the customer service booth better. They need to examine any returned items thoroughly, especially since this is the only spot you can do returns.
True. but With all the tech gizmos and gadgets and appliances they sell its almost impossible - so much stuff in the box.

They (all retailers) should only take returns that are defective or damaged items; this "I dont like it" baloney is pandering and costly. Eith tha or charge a 25% restocking fee with a 10 dollar minimum.
You bought it - you own it!

True. but With all the tech gizmos and gadgets and appliances they sell its almost impossible - so much stuff in the box.

They (all retailers) should only take returns that are defective or damaged items; this "I dont like it" baloney is pandering and costly. Eith tha or charge a 25% restocking fee with a 10 dollar minimum.
You bought it - you own it!
Yeah, it's a shame the way some people abuse stores' return policies.

Did you tell someone in the automotive section? Or ask to talk to a manager? Yeah, I know it shard to find an associate when you need one, but if we don't make a stink it will continue. Actually accepting oil returns may still continue regardless :) Wonder if the Pharmacy takes oxycodone-CR returns?

I often buy my oil at Walmart and sometimes oil filters. I look in the box, I check the level and cap seal on the jug. Three stores near me. One is great (Supercenter) the other has more stock and choice - but a bit freaky - but the one in North Salem is a dump.
- Ken
No I did not bring it to anyone's attention, I had not been to Walmart in over a year prior to that.
I did however ask for help with the self check out because I double scanned an item and I got a dirty look.

The thing with foil seal is that you have to break the cap seal in order to verify that the foil seal is intact. At that point the oil is yours.

Valvoline had the best caps which were clear so one could see the foil seal. Now they have gone back to regular caps which you cannot see through. A step backwards IMO.

The thing with foil seal is that you have to break the cap seal in order to verify that the foil seal is intact. At that point the oil is yours.

Valvoline had the best caps which were clear so one could see the foil seal. Now they have gone back to regular caps which you cannot see through. A step backwards IMO.
Yea easypour is great bottle but Valvoline step backwards as cost cutting or maybe they was leaking when shipped ?

The quality of Walmart stores varies store by store, like many retailers. Some are spotless, well stocked, with friendly staff. Some you leave and head immediately to the doc for a tetanus shot.
Mine is in Shawinigan, Québec (Canada) up north between Montréal and Québec cities. I can say that mine is top notch.

Yea easypour is great bottle but Valvoline step backwards as cost cutting or maybe they was leaking when shipped ?
Seemed like a cost cutting change.

I've noticed recently on multiple occasions that the regular bottles Valvoline is using now seem to leak easily. Lots of wet Vavoline jugs on the shelves.

Bought a ST filter for my dad's Saturn and a TG filter for my Civic. As I was opening the TG filter to make sure it WAS a TG, I noticed another random shopped eyeballing me.

Bought a ST filter for my dad's Saturn and a TG filter for my Civic. As I was opening the TG filter to make sure it WAS a TG, I noticed another random shopped eyeballing me.
it might not have been a random shopper.. Walmart does have plain clothes security walking around the store, looks just like another shopper.. just a thought..

Back