Reminder to inspect oil bottles when buying at walmart.

Take your pick. Dented and scratched in the appliance business. OR Gentle seconds as they call it in the wallpaper industry.

If its a used looking oil then a dirty customer had returned a used oil . They probably said they bought the wrong type of oil and needed to return it and buy a different type.

i tend to buy online from rock auto, better selection and reasonable prices.

YUP and will continue.... Prices are great and they have what I need in stock...
Yup II … live in a small town so Walmart or parts house …

My last online ordered leaked - a mean woman opened it - and the one leaking was stinky gear oil 😡

So, how do we explain a sealed 5quart jug next to another one and the oil level in one jug is way lower than the other?
Or the employee who is supposed to be working for the best interest of his employer (someone put this back on the shelf!) who signs his paycheck?

Last edited:
Locking cap appears to be broken:

Untitled.jpg

This thread complains that walmart takes back used motor oil without inspection.

There is a concurent thread on here where many BITOG members claim they love buying car batteries at Walmart then returning them to a walmart without an auto center so they can get a "fresh one" without someone testing it. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/walmart-battery-warranty-policy.365437/

So which don't we like again? I am so confused.

The key thing is the oil in the front bottle is a different color. Definitely used oil.
Certainly, but I look at the caps as well--in fact, typically first, because on a black bottle, it may or may not be obvious the oil is dark/used.

This thread complains that walmart takes back used motor oil without inspection.

There is a concurent thread on here where many BITOG members claim they love buying car batteries at Walmart then returning them to a walmart without an auto center so they can get a "fresh one" without someone testing it. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/walmart-battery-warranty-policy.365437/

So which don't we like again? I am so confused.
You are 100 % correct...

I get the 0w30 from there but I ordered online and mobil has the foil seal under the cap. I've got nine jugs of it and they are all level with each other. It's a big concern with Quaker State and Pennzoil because I don't think they have a tamper proof on them. The oils that I have used that do have some type of seal or foil is castor oil edge EP, ExxonMobil, Red line Oil and that's all that I can remember of right now at this moment. It is kind of sad that we have to get on here and warn fellow members that stuff like that is still happening at retail stores. I always take the cap off to make sure that the foil seal is there completely before I buy. Of course there's still swapping the Fram Ultras for the Fram orange can.

No oil problems, but I did get bit by the filter presto chango.
I try to get all my Fram Ultras in El Dorado Kansas because the tax rate is lower there than I think anywhere else in Kansas and all open 10 or 12 from Ultras before I buy them all just to make sure that they're not tampered with.

Back