Redline goes api sn+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as special formula as the high performance, but likely a good choice for the di turbo's. Still don't know why they don't take the calcium down and mag up with blue label white bottle, but hey I'm not running stuff over there.

New Stuff Black Bottle

API Service Class SN PLUS
SAE Viscosity Grade 5W-30
Vis @ 100°C, CSt 11.0
Vis @ 40°C, CSt 64
Viscosity Index 165
CCS Viscosity, Poise, @ °C 50@-30
Pour Point, °C -40
Pour Point, °F -40
HTHS Vis, CP @150°C, ASTM D4741 3.2

Blue Label White Bottle

ACEA Service Class A3 B3/B4
API Service Class SN/SM/SL/CF
SAE Viscosity Grade (Motor Oil) 5W30
Vis @ 100°C, CSt 11.9
Vis @ 40°C, CSt 71
Viscosity Index 166
CCS Viscosity, Poise, @ °C 60@-30
Pour Point, °C -45
Pour Point, °F -49
NOACK Evaporation Loss,1hr @ 482°F (250°C), % 6
HTHS Vis, CP @150°C, ASTM D4741 3.7

Last edited:
Approved for dexos1â„¢ Gen 2 as well, any other ideas on what this redline would be rebranded brand?

[Linked Image]

Maybe they are lying? Maybe it isn't dexos with pao and sn+. Oh my gosh, never considered that 1. While they were at all this lying I'm suprised they didn't say they put in synerlec as well. Good news is there are a lot of guys that know everything about oil here to quash all the fake news reldine puts out.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Not surprising given the product line this falls under. It's likely just a "branded" CP item.

I agree.

Not factual data, but I'll go out on a limb with a guess. Flame suit on. I'll stick to store bought oil and save a bunch of cash. All marketing, they'll work the name for all its worth, draw in the person who thinks RL"is" a "really good oil," [based on its reputation], at the expense of many enthusiasts who really knew just how good it "was". Sales should go up, and that's all that matters in business.

They have an API approved product line now just like Amsoil and Royal Purple. May all be bottled at the same facility afaik.

Originally Posted by sloinker
They have an API approved product line now just like Amsoil and Royal Purple. May all be bottled at the same facility afaik.

With RP and Redline now being corporate big oil,why isn't it available at Walmart in $20 5 quart jugs since they now have corporate big money like Valvoline,Pennzoil,Castrol,etc? Or will that be a thing to come?

Originally Posted by burla
Must be that pao motor craft they have out huh.

I didn't mean my post to be facetious,my apologies if it came across that way. I'm honestly curious if these oils that are owned by corporations that were once mom and pops are rebadging their mass bottled label mates.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Maybe rebadged Motorcraft?

Not with that NOACK the additive package could be the same.

I don't see Noack listed.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Maybe rebadged Motorcraft?

Not with that NOACK the additive package could be the same.

I don't see Noack listed.

Ouchy.

Burla,

The Professional Series products don't contain moly.

Regards,
Dave Granquist

So bottom line this wouldn't be the best choice for lspi avoidance as moly is an lspi quencher.

Just saying, how can a manufactorer say something is lspi friendly and not have something they are known for that is a lspi quencher? If you are gonna make an lspi formula, you should take out everything you can that are known causes of lspi, and put in everything you can that quenches lspi. I'm sure this formula and product line will evolve as it already has, it started as just two weights for low ash diesels, but none the less a little disapointing from the lspi point of view. Still good for the low ash crowd, but the growing segmant that are the di turbo crowd this is a let down. I wonder if he is even right on this email, I need to see a uoa or voa to even believe it.

I've said many times Amsoil SS is a great choice for the lspi crowd, don't need to go back and name all of the oils that are, just like we don't need to revisit that Amsoil has left a lot of hemi's ticking that the other redline formula cured. This is about this oil and imo redline missed the mark, as of now subject to verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back